Fifteen euros

enricob

I've bought DVBViewer 2 weeks ago and I've have problems every time I try to use this software, every time new and different problems.

The time I'd need to solve these problems every time should be longer than the time I could watch tv every time.

Please, don't ask me for the problems because I've just no time for that, I've not 1 hour every day just for solving DVBViewer problems and I'm not paid for.

I supposed buying a working software rather than a list of problems to solve, but I was wrong.

So, I've no time, not now and maybe no more for reading manuals, searching web and posting forum, but I have enough time to ask what I've paid 15 euros for.

Let me know.

Well one of the biggest issues is that people think they are smart enough NOT to read the forum and the wiki if they stumble over a problem. If you would do so, you would easily realise that problems caused by the application are almost the same. I'm not sure if there is a statistic, but one of the biggest issue is the codec related problem. You need a working mpeg decoder to run with the software because there is no way to bundle codecs with an application of this price. For instance you have to pay MpegLA (~5 USD) per license and 40k USD for Dolbylabs. This is nearly impossible for a consumer product at this price level.

And again just to point it our: The DVBViewer does not have a problem, you do. This is a big difference, because even at this price the software is better than all alternatives (if you focus on the tv reception/recording) available and it does not matter that it cost you just fifteen euro.

I agree with the first post, there is very similar software around for free. The guides for DVBViewer are very poor and confusing and noone helps you or points you in the direction for help. This software is basically trial and error for 15 euro and i am totally p****d off with it now.

• Like 1

Frankly? there is no real similar software, especially if you want a working solution. There is a plenty of help, but you have to read it and it is pretty annoying, but the most problems are caused by the fact that people simply do not read even the information given by the DVBViewer wizard on startup. 99% of all troubles can be reduced to codec related issues.

Besides that: Your two posts till now where which codec should be used instead of the installed arcsoft one and how to get more EPG data. Both are issues which are definitively not a problem of the DVBViewer.

Edited by ElecardFAN

Well one of the biggest issues is that people think they are smart enough NOT to read the forum and the wiki if they stumble over a problem.

Well I didn't wrote what you said and I've never thought I'm too smart enough not to read your manuals, faq, wiki and forum. I've already read again and again your manuals, faq, wiki and forum, and in this way I've also solved some problems with DVBViewer. BUT, as I've already written in my previous message, "I've no time, NOT NOW and maybe NO MORE for reading manuals, searching web and posting forum".

I explain better: I read again and again your manuals and faq and forum and I've also solved some problems but after some days I've NO MORE time to do it because I've also some other things to do in my life, I cannot read DVBViewer manuals and faq and forum 24 hours everyday, it's not my work and I'm not paid for solving DVBViewer problems (not me).

In other words, too many problems and too much frequently problems, and too much time reading faq, manuals, wiki and forum, for a commercial software.

What's more, you'are right DVBViewer has not problems because it's a quite known and popular software, but me using DVBViewer and just using DVBViewer I have problems.

• Like 1

Oh come on, there are not really a lot issues with the DVBViewer if you follow the instruction at the first installation. The wizard really guides you through all important settings. The only issue which can cause a lot of pain is caused by wrong codecs or outdated drivers. Again there are not really problems with the Software and those issues which appear can be easily solved if people would use their ability to read. I doubt that there is a single problem which is not explained at least one time here in the forum or in the wiki.

And you should also keep in mind: if there would be really basic problems with the DVBViewer you would have thousands of posts everywhere concerning them. There is nearly no pc adapter on the market bundled without at least the OEM version of the DVBViewer and i do not want to know how many people use the software. If you google you see the first suggestion if you type dvb in the search bar: DVBViewer 4.9.5 دانلود. I underestimate the number of users working with the application worldwide (il)legally. Does someone really think that this would be so, if the software wouldnt work?

Edited by ElecardFAN

Oh come on, there are not really a lot issues with the DVBViewer if you follow the instruction at the first installation. The wizard really guides you through all important settings. The only issue which can cause a lot of pain is caused by wrong codecs or outdated drivers. Again there are not really problems with the Software and those issues which appear can be easily solved if people would use their ability to read. I doubt that there is a single problem which is not explained at least one time here in the forum or in the wiki.

May be my english is really bad because I have not been really able to explain.

You said I didn't read your wiki and forum etc, but it seems that you didn't read my previous messages, and rather than answer to my message you are just worried to defend the reputation of your software.

In other words, you are probably very good in reading wizard, faq, manuals, wiki and forum but it seems you are not as much good in reading messages reporting bugs and problems.

I explain another time: I've already read again and again wizard, faq, manuals, wiki and forum, and I'm quite sure that wizard, faq, manuals, wiki and forum are good enough for solving problems BUT I have no time to read your faq, manuals, wiki and forum each time I have a problem with DVBViewer.

Just speaking about the last problem, since a week DVBViewer is crashing every time a change the channel. So, I need to crash, close e restart DVBViewer again every time I want to change the channel.

I've already read many times your faq, manuals, wiki and forum for some others problems last weeks but unfortunately I've no more time to read it again, not now, may be next week, may be next month but not now and not every time.

Oh come on,

is it clear enough?

What's more, as you said, problems are mostly explain in the forum BUT forum is very large and it takes a lot of time for searching and reading and writing and waiting answers and writing again etc. It could be really useful if you just collect and organize most frequently forum suggestions. It would mean a really shorter time for solving problems, at least for some frequently problems. Would it be too much for a commercial software?

That's all.

@enricob: I don't belive what you write.

You don't write about any concrete problem so that anyone is able to help you. Instead of this, you write "Please, don't ask me for the problems because I've just no time for that". So you don't have any problem, you only write strange things.

Very often, problems come from the installed codecs on the system. I suggest to use the LAV filters, which are suitable for most things (live TV / movies). You can use AC3Filter for sound on on live TV additionally, if you encounter problems with picture - sound synchronity

Edited by SnoopyDog

@enricob: This was not meant to be bad. I only want you to write more details, so "we" are able to help you.

First, please follow this link and download the file "supporttool.zip" there (scroll down to the bottom). Then unzip this file and execute the program "supporttool.exe". This program creates a .zip file. Please add this .zip file here in this thread as an attachment and give us some concrete errors that you encounter.

Just for answering to your words.

You don't write about any concrete problem so that anyone is able to help you. Instead of this, you write "Please, don't ask me for the problems because I've just no time for that". So you don't have any problem, you only write strange things.

FIRST ANSWER

Just 2 hours before you answered I've written:

Just speaking about the last problem, since a week DVBViewer is crashing every time a change the channel. So, I need to crash, close e restart DVBViewer again every time I want to change the channel.

Did you read this? It seems you didn't.

Before telling people write strange things, it could be useful reading their messages.

SECOND ANSWER

I've written: "please, don't ask me for the problems because I've just no time for that". That means that I'VE NO TIME for solving another DVBViewer problems because solving problems with DVBViewer need reading wizard, faq, wiki and forum and writing forum and waiting for answers etc, as I've already explain again and again.

I've no time. No tengo tiempo. Ich habe keine Zeit. Je n'ai pas le temps. У меня нет времени.

Why is it so difficult to understand?

Why writing that "I've no time" is strange?

I've never written DVBViewer is bad, I've never written DVBViewer support is bad because your wizard, faq, wiki and forum are probably very good.

I've just written that in case of DVBViewer problems I need a lot of time for reading your wizard, faq, wiki and forum and writing forum and waiting for answers etc, and I've just written that is a problem because I've no time for all this work, not always.

In other words, coming back home after 10 or 12 hours working, I've no time and no more power for reading wiki, searching forum, writing forum etc, and I'd just like watching some (working) tv.

Is it strange?

This was just for answering to your words.

I'll follow your instructions and suggestions about supporttool.zip as soon as I'll have time at home.

Calm down a bit. Acalma-te. Why you are so unfriendly? I also have a job, where i have to work a lots of hours. This is normal these days... :whistle:

And sorry, i did not see this little sentence where you wrote about a concrete problem. Maybe, there were TOO much words written around this.

I guess it comes from the codecs that you use (like i wrote previously).

Edited by SnoopyDog

@SnoopyDog

Was er meint ist...ist einfach der fehlende Support durch den Hersteller aka Programmierer...lies oder stirb...und nicht jeder hat Zeit dazu zu suchen. Gebe´es nicht solche User wie du, wäre der DVBV eine schnöde DVB-Software. Find ich aber cool das du hilfst.

Calm down a bit. Acalma-te. Why you are so unfriendly? I also have a job, where i have to work a lots of hours. This is normal these days... :whistle:

And sorry, i did not see this little sentence where you wrote about a concrete problem. Maybe, there were TOO much words written around this.

I guess it comes from the codecs that you use (like i wrote previously).

I'm not angry, but after I had already repeated and explained 3 times (12, 13 and 19 november) the problem was time reading wiki and forum you need for solving DVBViewer problems etc etc, it was not so friendly you still saying that "I write strange things". So, I explained all the fourth time on november 23.

Yes, I know everybody is working all the day, so everybody can easily understand how much is difficult finding some extra time and power for reading forum and solving software problems.

Anyway, DVBViewer is crashing every time a change the channel and this is not my first problems with DVBViewer. So, I need to crash, close e restart DVBViewer again every time I want to change the channel.

What's more, I can change to another channel of the same mux, but it crashes in case I change to a channel of a different mux. Starting DVBViewer again, the channel is changed.

As you suggested me, I've used the program "supporttool.zip" and attached here the zip file.

Thank you.

enrico

support.zip

Did you try normal codecs like LAV Filter ? Now you are using, I think so, the worst codecs. Also MS codecs aren't stable too for me with W7 x64. PowerDVD12 codec works fine too.

Edited by tomas.jurksas
I suggest to use the LAV filters, which are suitable for most things (live TV / movies). You can use AC3Filter for sound on on live TV additionally, if you encounter problems with picture - sound synchronity
Did you try normal codecs like LAV Filter ? Now you are using, I think so, the worst codecs. Also MS codecs aren't stable too for me with W7 x64. PowerDVD12 codec works fine too.
Thank you.

The problem seems solved since I've begun using LAV codec.

Anyway, now there's another problem, because in full screen mode or 200% zoom visualization, the image freezes very frequently for 20-30 seconds (the image freezes but the sound does not stop).

Should I change some DVBViewer configuration?

Thank you.

enrico

Try another decoder. Set it up as "VideoB" then you can easily switch when you have a problem.

LAV is very capable but it is under development. I have seen similar issues to the one you describe. The Win7 native decoder has fewer issues, in my experience.

• 1 month later...

There's only one and only solution for you Enricob - sell your DVB card because computer DVB cards are for patient people, not for you and get a cable tv. There's no DVBViewer demo version and you knew it before you bought it. You took the risk buying this software but you can't blame people who made it because you're... lazy.

I do have to laugh at this thread.

DVBViewer and the recording service is awesome....

I now love xbmc intergration.

What more do you want free upgrades, support from both the creator and community....

I'm running windows 7 x64 with the lastest DVBViewer and recording service. I run xbmc and everything is great....

well done DVBViewer, team and community.

• 3 weeks later...

What more do you want free upgrades, support from both the creator and community....

I'm running windows 7 x64 with the lastest DVBViewer and recording service. I run xbmc and everything is great....

So how do you set it up for xbmc? I'm having serious issues getting anything to work in DVBViewer.

Edited by gaddster
  • 6 months later...

There's only one and only solution for you Enricob - sell your DVB card because computer DVB cards are for patient people, not for you and get a cable tv. There's no DVBViewer demo version and you knew it before you bought it. You took the risk buying this software but you can't blame people who made it because you're... lazy.

Hi tmk, I'm so lazy in my ilfe that I didn't have time for answer last 8 months. Have a nice time :-)

Hi timetrex, I still have problems with DVBViewer and I do not really understand why laughing in case somebody has problems. Do you always laugh at somebody else problems ? Have a nice time :-)

enricob - for a self-acclaimed busy man, I'm impressed that you find you can still waste many of your valuable minutes posting rubbish like this that benefits nobody. Maybe your time would be better spent either posting enough information so that the people here can help you, or prioiritise your time and dedicate those minutes to your the other areas of your life that so desperately require your attention.

Edited by uglyned
  • 9 months later...

enricob - for a self-acclaimed busy man, I'm impressed that you find you can still waste many of your valuable minutes posting rubbish like this that benefits nobody. Maybe your time would be better spent either posting enough information so that the people here can help you, or prioiritise your time and dedicate those minutes to your the other areas of your life that so desperately require your attention.

Hi uglyned, after more than 9 months I spend 10 minutes just to tell you that I STILL have daily problems with DVBViewer.

What's more, you should be ashamed to offend people you do not really know, you and your friends tmk previously talking about my laziness and timetrex laughing at my problems.

I'm not used to laugh at somebody's else problems.

I'm not used to accuse of laziness someone I've never met.

I'm not used to offend people talking about "rubbish" and "self-acclaimed busy man".

As many other people, 2 jobs for 900 euros/month + voluntary activities + 2 little children + old mum and dad, all these things need so much time that I've not hours I'd need for solving DVBViewer problems reading faq, forum, manual and so on. As many other people.

You should be really ashamed.

________

-------------

Thank you again to tomas.jurksas and QNox User for their help and cb9jde for comprehension.

Other people seemed to be more worried to defend DVBViewer reputation than help. Strange.

That's not what you expect from a forum.

Your still posting, Patience is a virtue. you will never get anything working by just flaming in your OP.

DVBViewer works fine for me in windows 7, never crashes.. Obviously if you have issues then yes some fiddling is required with the configuration. #some codecs will achieve better results.

Have you posted on the Microsoft forums, I assume your running windows, potentially a windows problem for you some sort of conflict...WOukld it be too much to ask for Microsoft to release a product that just works and does need updating...

DVBViewer works with xbmc via the pvr add on. Now can stream via upnp or rtsp. Can view both encrypted and free to air.

Apart from windows 7 and tveristy, DVBViewer is the only other piece of software that I have actually paid for...And its great...