Windows 8 Metro app

uglyned

OK, I'll say it. I like Windows 8. I like the new start screen. For people using an HTPC with a remote control it provides a useful interface, allowing us to run programs without needing a mouse or keyboard.

I've put a shortcut to DVBViewer on the start screen and can run it from there.

But I thought wouldn't it be nice to have a metro style app, that will run DVBViewer, but also maybe provide some other useful info too, just maybe something like next timer schdeduled, last recording made, that will provide a prettier launcher for DVBViewer than just the icon.

So - any .Net framework developers out there fancy giving it a go?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

yeah I did so and I've written my own RTSP client.

It works almost fine, means I can call RTSP, set the desired channel and got the stream on my Win8 machine.

With VLC I was able to display the stream for hours...

At the time beeing, I couldn't go any further. I'm getting stuck on the play to stream processing because I don't know very much about DX video players an their implementation in Win8 Apps.

So if somebody could give me an answer and tells me at least how to work with codecs and media players, that would be kind.

Cheers,

Jo

(PS: I speak German, French, Dutch and English .... felle free)