Systems hick-ups when not tuned. [Off Topic]

Blimp

This is not a DVBViewer problem but a Technisat problem.

And maybe just a Cablestar problem, or a regular problem of the B2C2 chip.

But when my card is noted tuned, like after a system startup or during a channel scan. My system freezes for a second after every 3 or 4 seconds. During a ‘freeze’ the mouse stops moving and when playing an audio file the sounds stops. Extremely irritating. Are there more people with this problem, I tried sticking the card in another slot.

But that didn’t help.

Edited by Blimp
Guest Lars_MQ

Have you disconnected all network protocols from the card? and close the setup4pc and the server4pc program and delete them from autostart. they are not needed for the DVBViewer.

lars

i had nearly the same problem with an old raid controller.

Do you had a look at your system logs? I've got the message that the harddisk device was not fast enough after istallation of this card.

Steffen

Systems log reports nothing. I liked the tip of removing all network connections, but that also didn't help.

I received this answer from Technisat:

Hello,

please replace the 4.2.11 with the 4.3.0 that is available beginning next

week.

Note: Does it happen too if Server4Pc is tuned to a valid channel after

start up/boot process? I guess not.

Regards

Support Team

Lets hope version 4.3.0 holds the answer..

I'll let you know, thanks for your support!

Edited by Blimp
Lets hope version 4.3.0 holds the answer..

Better read this first :bye:

Update: A user in the German forum reported that he got good results with the new driver and the old TechniSat software. Be careful: The new TechniSat software should contain the Sonic Videodecoder, but the download version doesn't - only available on CD (a licence thing). So if you uninstall the previous version, you may end up without a videodecoder.

Edited by Griga
  • 2 weeks later...

I've suddenly experienced a similar problem but I have been running the 4.2.11 drivers for a long time without problems.

What happens is that wave. mp3, mpeg audio etc. is played back poorly. It sort of stutters. If I open DVBViewer and close it again I can again play wave. mp3, mpeg audio etc. without problems.

Must be an IRQ thing right?

Will try to move the card to anther slot. Just strange that I haven't changed anything or added new hardware and suddenly this happens.

maybe your problem was not the driver it was a decoder problem which solved through fresh installet DVDExpress Decoders which come with this driver...