BBC 27.5W NBC-QPSK Modulation

rizik29

My question is about BBC channels (and others on same transponder 11495V) on 27.5W sattelite. This channels work correctly in DVB Dream v2.2a, but they do not work in DVBViewer. Only significant difference I could notice was modulation in DVB Dream which was NBC-QPSK. Is there such modulation in DVBViewer or is there another reason why these channels do not work in DVBViewer?

Only significant difference I could notice was modulation in DVB Dream which was NBC-QPSK. Is there such modulation in DVBViewer

If the modulation is set to QPSK in the channellist, NBC-QPSK is used for DVB-S2 transponders (as far as I know), except for devices that are able to detect the DVB-S2 modulation automatically. Which DVB device is involved?

DVB Device is Avermedia R889.

Transponder is DVB-S2, and modulation is set to QPSK.

I also noticed that Transedit recognizes that these channels are scrambled, but when they are sent from Transedit to DVBViewer channel list they are not marked as scrambled. Same happens when channel scanning is done inside DVBViewer. (I'm not talking here about some illegal channel viewing but channel information which seems to be interpreted wrong in DVBViewer).

Edited by rizik29

No. DVBViewer also receives and scans this transponder but it seems that Transedit has better recognition of channel properties and recognizes additional information in dvb stream which DVBViewer doesn't.

I'll collect now data for support.zip.

This channels work correctly in DVB Dream v2.2a, but they do not work in DVBViewer.

No. DVBViewer also receives and scans this transponder

Please clarify.

DVBViewer scans and saves channels in channel list but is unable to detect scrambling and is therefore unable to display video from this channels. It seems that Transedit is able to detect all information but its Preview works only for free (non scrambled) channels so it's not possible to find out if Transedit detectes everything correctly. In DVB Dream these channels can be watched without any problems.

DVBViewer scans and saves channels in channel list

So the issue is not NBC-QPSK related. DVBViewer would receive nothing with a wrong modulation.

but is unable to detect scrambling

You can tick the Encrypted Checkbox in the channellist editor to make it work, can't you?

Anyway, it would be good to know why DVBViewer doesn't see the encryption. I can't receive 27.5W, so I can't check it. Maybe it will be helpful if you could export the service node of the affected channel from the TransEdit Analyzer's treeview as XML and attach it here:

Select the transponder, start the Analyzer, wait some seconds, expand the PAT node on the left side, right-click the service node in question, select "Save as XML" and attach the file here. Or, if it's not too lengthy, you can select "Copy as XML" and simply post it here.

but when they are sent from Transedit to DVBViewer channel list they are not marked as scrambled.

I tried. Here it works. It doesn't depend on the encryption type. It's just a yes/no flag.

Here's PAT xml of transponder.

Manually setting channel as encrypted in channel list of DVBViewer is of no use since decoder doesn't get CAID and similar information from DVBViewer which doesn't detect such information for this transponder.

Usually sending channels from Transedit to DVBViewer works correctly (I use only Transedit for scanning channels and never DVBViewer) but this transponder has specific unusual behaviour.

PAT.zip

TransEdit doesn't export CAIDs. Only a flag that tells DVBViewer whether a channel is encrypted or not. For this purpose the TransEdit Scanner looks for Common Access Descriptors in the PMT (none in your case) and checks the FreeCAMode flag in the SDT. The TransEdit Analyzer displays CAIDs in CA Descriptors, if there are any in the CAT or PMT, but nothing more.

DVBViewer doesn't supply plugins with CAIDs. If that's what you need, forget it. Would be illegal anyway. Only legal CI/CAM solutions are supported.

There are no ca_ids in this multiplex. The SDT reads all services as not encrypted. No analyzer can tell you more.

Though the elementary streams are encrypted which is detected by the transport scrambling control flag in the header of the ts_packets -> the corresponding pids are red.

No DiseqC on this card, it's connected directly to motor on dish (this card is intended for more difficult satelites like Nilesat 7W). OK, it's DiseqC 2.0, but no multiswitches in between.

As for not detecting ca_ids, this is wrong. Encryption is standard BISS. Could be that here is problem. But I'm not sure if it would work if there would be no encryption, I suspect that dvb-s2 streams are read incorrectly, unfortunatelly I don't know if this is possible to check.

Edited by rizik29
it's connected directly to motor on dish

So driving the motor with DiSEqC 1.2 commands works? The DVBViewer DiSEqC implementation for AverMedia doesn't support DiSEqC 1.2 (only 1.0). However, your card is quite new and not included in the DVBViewer hardware database yet. That's why it isn't detected as AverMedia.

In this case DVBViewer applies a standard BDA DiSEqC handling that has been introduced by MS with Windows 7. Looks like it covers DiSEqC 1.2, or with other words, the AverMedia driver supports sending DiSEqC raw commands via the BDA interface defined by MS. That's what I want to find out.

As for not detecting ca_ids, this is wrong. Encryption is standard BISS.

wrong! If it was, there would be ca_identifier 0x2600 (allocated to the European Broadcasting Union). But there's none which means it's a proprietary system.

Anyway, as long as there is no official dvb cas which works the normal way in combination with a ci_module/smartcard this particular discussion ends here.

pls. read the forum rules

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combi­nation with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common inter­face" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies re­gardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

Driving motor with this card works without problems (unlike my older card Technisat Skystar HD2). In DVBViewer channel list motor is driven by channel property "DiseqC: Preset pos. xx".

As for not detecting BISS caid and proprietary system, this channels work without problems on DVB Dream v2.2a. I doubt that programmers there did any additional work to make this "off route" satellite (27.5W) and it's transponder function. And I also doubt that they did any work on "helping illegal decrypting software" to work on this satellite/transponder. So let's not go into forum rules since this is not about illegal plugin not working but this is about DVBViewer / Transedit not interpreting DVB stream correctly for this satellite/transponder. And this transponder has no proprietary streams according to http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-27.5W.php .

Driving motor with this card works without problems (unlike my older card Technisat Skystar HD2). In DVBViewer channel list motor is driven by channel property "DiseqC: Preset pos. xx".

Ok, that means, we can't simply add the Avermedia R889 as "AverMedia" to the hardware database, because it would disable DiSEqC 1.2. For DiSEqC 1.1/1.2 there must be a fallback to the standard BDA DiSEqC handling, so it works at least under Windows 7.

but this is about DVBViewer / Transedit not interpreting DVB stream correctly

Your posts don't provide evidence of it.

Transedit not interpreting DVB stream correctly for this satellite/transponder. And this transponder has no proprietary streams according to http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-27.5W.php .

Kingofsat is not a dvb standard authority. They are provided with information from people like you who don't know what they are talking about. If you don't trust transedit take a hex editor and search for the missing ca_id <_<

According to information from radio eriwan there are DVBViewer users who can watch the bbc backup on 27,5W. But again a plugin discussion won't be tolerated here -> §13

Avermedia R889 works without problems under Windows 7 and Windows XP with DVBViewer, with motorized dish or with multiswitches or with combination of those (I've removed combination since I have two dvb-s cards and I want maximum signal from motorized dish without losses caused by multiswitches or multiple cable connections...). I can tell you that from my expirience. Only thing is to modify some file in Transedit so it recognizes this card as DiseqC, I think you (Griga) told me that when I had such problems.

Lyngsat on http://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-907.html also reports this transponder as standard type. There are probably other sites with similar content where you would find same information. Are they all wrong? I'm thinking of taking ProgDVB for test on this transponder and check if it works there?

What is radio eriwan? Google doesn't find anything like that?

@Derrick: And by the way, if DVBViewer follows DVB standards so well, why is EPG not working on Arabsat 26E 12130V on Dubai One, while it works without problems on Dreambox 7000 with software several years old?

I've attached files to show what can be seen on same transponder with ProgDVB and what can (not) be seen with DVBViewer. Strange, considering that lyngsat and kingofsat is run by people who don't know anything about satellite technology and DVB, maybe DVBViewer team can explain to them benefits of black screen.

post-99352-0-75076300-1355071803_thumb.jpg

post-99352-0-93704000-1355071806_thumb.jpg

Said channels can only be viewed with illegal means. Nobody will and can help you here on this board to get it going with DVBViewer. You've repeated your point enough times. Topic closed :bye: