We Need

coolworm

ask TechniSAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a driver problem and not a DVBViewer Problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steffen

I've asked Technisat for DiSEqC 1.1 drivers but from their answer they're not going to supply them. And since DVBViewer only has support for the standard driver stuff I use the unofficial driver and DVBViewer for the first 4 way DiSEqC LNB's and Mytheatre for when I wish to watch a channel on the second 4 way DiSEqC.

Guest hackbart

i would not add such a support - even if it's just a simple workaround. The reason has been discussed soo many times inside the forum: The tuner is not able to control a motor switch and it is not a question of it not working, it is just a question of how long it's working. It might work a million of time, but it might also kill your tuner after only trying it once.

So no i won't do. If there is someone willing to add a plugin which resolves this - i don't care. BUT I WILL NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORT SUCH A THING

:huh:

Christian

• 1 year later...

The new official TechniSat 4.4.0 driver suppurts DiSEqC 1.2. MyTheatre 3.35.3 suppurts DiSEqC 1.2 through the official TechniSat 4.4.0.

I'm using MyTheatre for moving dish motor. Too bad that DVBViewer does not support the last official TechniSat driver.

Guest Lars_MQ

it seems you can't read properly. :D

The tuner is not able to control a motor switch and it is not a question of it not working, it is just a question of how long it's working. It might work a million of time, but it might also kill your tuner after only trying it once.

I have been using DiSEqC 1.2 for more than a year on my SkyStar2 rev2.6C through Saar's, MIBI's and last TechniSat's drivers. I move my dish using these drivers a dozen times every day. Gues what, my SkyStar2 still works perfect :D . I know a lot of friends who use DiSEqC 1.2 with SkyStar2 for long times perfectly.

If SkyStar2 does not support DiSEqC 1.2, then why does TechniSat (the manufacturer of SkyStar2) 4.4.0 driver support it?

because of the fact that the upcoming devices have such a thing.

And i know a couple of people (mostly in eastern europe) who killed their cards by using patched drivers.

because of the fact that the upcoming devices have such a thing.

And i know a couple of people (mostly in eastern europe) who killed their cards by using patched drivers.

I'm using 8 lnb's through DiSEqC 1.1 in Mytheatre with the standard 4.40 driver. With DiSEqC 1.1 no danger to kill my card I would think?

Since both the Skystar 2 and now the official driver supports DiSEqC 1.1 I still hope DVBViewer sometime will implement DiSEqC 1.1 :bye: for Multidish owners like me.

Have you thought about it or is it just too difficult to implement Christian?

• 1 month later...

Would be perfect when DVBViewer will support at least Diseqc 1.0 as Skystar 2 is described as supporting it. I will buy STRONG SRT Digibox Diseqc 1.0 to 1.2 converter and then I will use motor as well <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest using AltDVB. It's free, powerfull and supports DiSEqC 1.2 through the official TechniSat 4.4.0. It supports multidec plugins too. It also supports PIP.

Diseqc 1.2 will come, once we figured out which way is the best to deal with it. Right now the solutions in other applications are not very useful - especially with the way we plan to deal with the DVB Adapters in the future.

Well the problem is that if you want more than just a simple move dish left and right there is a lot to do. Honestly adding something to Send the DiSEqC Command is not that complicated, but if you want to have a smart solution you need to check the NIT in order to figure out which satellite the lnb is currently receiving.

Christian

I know, but the problem is still the same: The current channel structure.

The idea i had is to allow to create some sort of DiSEqC Command Scripts and to add the ability to assign them to a satellite/channel entry. The command language itself is probably similar to the one of the VDR:

e.g.: W15 [E0 10 38 F0] means Wait 15 Milliseconds and select PosA/OptA.

Christian

Cristian, sorry for my english, but..

why don't you create a plugin that could be activated or deactivated when you want from osd and then decide in a config option the channels to use and where they are on the satelliute position so it send the command to the rotor when the channel is switched on.

Or a plug in that from osd you can say in wich position the rotor must go ( for example the pos 1 or 2 or 3... positions that are configured on the rotor ) an then start to see the channels on that position.

I swear, i've bought this program and i think there is no equal on the net, perhaps Altdvb is a good program but no OSd no Party.

The rotor plugin could be the real star for this program, that could became the best on the net.

Sorry for my english again and thx for it :bye:

Well the problem is that if you want more than just a simple move dish left and right there is a lot to do. Honestly adding something to Send the DiSEqC Command is not that complicated, but if you want to have a smart solution you need to check the NIT in order to figure out which satellite the lnb is currently receiving.

Christian

Sorry I am not a programmer maybe I am writing moonshine but is it not enough to get the lnb tunning as it is written in SDK:

TTuner Structure

The TTuner handles the DVB Settings, which are send from the main application to the plugin. Attention only the first 8Byte Value of each DWORD are used.

Syntax

TTuner = record

TunerType: (Cable,Satellite,Terrestrial,ATSC);

Frequency: DWORD;

SymbolRate: DWORD;

LNB: DWORD;

ECM: WORD;

Unused: BYTE;

AC3: BYTE;

FEC: DWORD;

Polarity: DWORD; //or Modulation or GuardInterval

LNBSelection: DWORD;