More use of sub-forums to make it easier to find what you are looking

Langhuse

Some of the forums have a lot of posts, this makes it very difficult to find what you are searching for.

This also increases the probability that posts are all over the forum - where should I look ?

Also there will be duplicate posts due to this. You see similar posts without an answer that is given elsewhere.

I see that the forum software used is Community Forum Software by IP.Board

checking that link http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/board/

shows that it is very easy to create sub-forums (just check the illustration on that page).

I have been looking into RS

DVBViewer.com...> DVBViewer community forum > English > DVBViewer Recording Service

and found that there are 23 pages about this and that.

Adding some sub-forums like

- RS installation

- RS Webinterface

--- Webinterface - general

--- Webinteface - timeline

etc.

might help everybody, it's easier for the users to find what they are interested in, and it's easier for the developers to check what's being discussed in a given area

Now I know there are a lot of posts already, but these could be pushed int an "older post" sub-forum. Still there but a clean start for the new sub-forums.