"No suitable splitter was found" msg on RadLight while trying

I am using RadLight 4 to play videos as it's my favorite program. From radlight.com

I have installed quicktime, ffdshow and just installed RadLight but I get the msg while opening file on RadLight:

# RLGB error : No suitable splitter was found

The file opens fine on WMP.

Mediainfo gives the following info about the video content in case you need it:

AVC (High@L4.0)(CABAC/5 Ref Frames)

I have tried enabling and disabling codec H.264 on ffdshow but same results, I can even play it on WMP with the codec disabled on ffdshow I believe it's due to having quicktime, there is some graph build needed or some "Source and Splitter filter configuration" to configure here is a screenshot:

splitterconf.png

play video

Which container format? AVI? MKV? TS? MPG? Or something else? A suitable splitter is required for unpacking video/audio data from the container.

Maybe it will help to install a DirectShow splitter that covers several container formats, like Haali Splitter or LAV Splitter.

Which container format? AVI? MKV? TS? MPG? Or something else? A suitable splitter is required for unpacking video/audio data from the container.

Maybe it will help to install a DirectShow splitter that covers several container formats, like Haali Splitter or LAV Splitter.

Sorry the title is wrong I was going to say while trying to play an mp4 file.

I unistalled ffdshow and installed lav filters 0.54.1 but the same problem persists what am I doing wrong?

I unistalled ffdshow

Why? ffdshow is no splitter. It is a decoder.

installed lav filters 0.54.1 but the same problem persists what am I doing wrong?

Dunno. May you should ask in the RadLight Forum (if there is any). Here DVBViewer plays MP4 files quite happily with the LAV splitter.

Why? ffdshow is no splitter. It is a decoder.

Dunno. May you should ask in the RadLight Forum (if there is any). Here DVBViewer plays MP4 files quite happily with the LAV splitter.

Do I need a DVB card to use the dvbplayer?

Not at all, however is up to you to provide your S.O. with necessary codecs/splitters...

but beware of codec-paks, they can completely and definitively upset you DirectX chain!

:bye:

Not at all, however is up to you to provide your S.O. with necessary codecs/splitters...

but beware of codec-paks, they can completely and definitively upset you DirectX chain!

:bye:

what are the dxchains? like video plays using dx by default?

btw is the dvb cool?