How to pass recording name/path to script from OSD?

patti

Hello, my vision is to go to recorded shows OSD window, select a recording and press a button on the remote that performs scripted actions on that recording via command.vbs. I just don't know how to pass file/pathname of a recording from OSD window to a script. Is it possible? I have not found any info on how to do this but I'd be grateful if someone could point me to some examples or correct COM documentation sections to get me going.

Thank you very much :)

patti

Maybe its better to ask this question in the OSD Skin forum. I thonk you have to write your own skin to realize your requirements

Hi,

look at the startrec script in DVBViewer\Skripts\

There is a sub main and the keyword filename is your friend ;)

Also use DVB Spy. There should be a datamanager value for the selected item

He don't want to start a script when a recording starts. He want to start a script when a recording is selected in the OSD and pass the name of the selected recording to the script.

This is an OSD functionality and should be implemented in the skin.

He don't want to start a script when a recording starts. He want to start a script when a recording is selected in the OSD and pass the name of the selected recording to the script.

This is an OSD functionality and should be implemented in the skin.

startrec is just an example. sub main(filename) still works in many cases. Try:

sub main(filename)
   MsgBox(filename)
end sub

Commands.ini also passes the filename and works from [RecCmd].

http://de.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Commands.ini

It is possible to combine it with something like

Set objArg = WScript.Arguments
 Filename = objArg(0)  

oDVB.Datamanager.Value["#selecteditem"] or #selectedpath works also, but not very well with recordings. Only with audio, video and pictures.

Commands.ini also passes the filename and works from [RecCmd].

http://de.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Commands.ini

Thanks! Commands.ini did it although it took a while to figure it out. The wiki article did not tell you how to run the command you just created with commands.ini (or then my German isn't as good as it used to be). Anyway, I did manage to find the command under blue button Menu/Command and it does just what I want: I can select a recording from a recordings window, click blue and run my own command on it and it passes the filename to my script. Neat, thanks :)

patti

ps. it keeps surprising me every time how many features DVBViewer has. The developers have done a tremendous job in giving us a flexible foundation on which to build your own stuff. Thank you a million for that! :)

Amazing! After all these years using DVBViewer I learned something new. Didn't hear from commands.ini before. Quiet interesting ...

Edited by dbraner

Amazing! After all these years using DVBViewer I learned something new. Didn't hear from commands.ini before. Quiet interesting ...

It has potential for more. One thing would be to define our own menu names.

Instead of [RecCmd] something like [RecCmd=My Menu Name] would be awesome. The default Commands entry in the menu is a bit dull.

Another thing would be if we could use predefinded actionID's. For example in [RecCmd] 19000 tio 19009, for [VideoFiles] 19010 to 19019 and so on. Then it would be possible to use those ID's in command.vbs. Its easier then to go through OSD-blue/Commands/entry