Android Remote Control to play music...

KoMiKo

Hi Guys,

I was searching a lot, but not succesfull yet.

Is it existing android remote app to control DVBViewer to select and play music or radio in my HTPC (not streaming to android device) without need to switch on my 59" plasma?

Something like "Official XBMC Remote" ?

Mike

Thank you very much.

I will try it this evening. German language (read only :rolleyes:) is not problem for me.

English is also Available :-)

But it will not provide the functionality you are looking for, because DVBViewer is not a upnp renderer.

What you are looking for is just not possible with DVBViewer :-( (Its a shame!)

If you install another upnp renderer on your pc (for example foobar) u can do this with any UPNP Controllpoint for Android (for example BubbleUpnp).

XBMC is also a upnp renderer.

...But it will not provide the functionality you are looking for, because DVBViewer is not a upnp renderer.

What you are looking for is just not possible with DVBViewer :-( (Its a shame!)...

Does it mean, there is not any chance to see list of songs in my tablet or phone and let it play in DVBViewer?

Does it mean, there is not any chance to see list of songs in my tablet or phone and let it play in DVBViewer?

Yes, its definetly not possible to play them in DVBViewer from a mobile Device.

I am afraid, here is some misunderstanding. I don't want to send music from tablet to DVBViewer to render it.

I just want to use tablet or handy to control DVBViewer to play music stored in HTPC - as same music, as i can play using OSD htpc menu in DVBViewer: DVBViewer just send the list of tracks to tablet and then i can select what to play, without need to switch TV on.

Is this feature really not possible (now or later)?

Okay that was a misunderstanding :-)

But either way thats not possible too.

And as the developers dont show any interest in a good mobile device experience I wouldnt hope that this will ever be possible....

I would love this feature too and would implement it in the app, but.....

The only possible workaround is:

1. install the DVBViewer Recording Service on your pc,
  2. enable its UPNP server functionality
  3. add your music folders to the upnp library
  4. install a upnp music renderer application on your pc (there are several for free)
  5. use and android upnp controllpoint app to play the music from the Recording Service (there are several for free)

But I am sure there will be conflicts if the DVBViewer is running and you try to play music in another upnp renderer application, so you have to kill the DVBViewer (or at least stop Audio/Video in DVBViewer) when u want to listen to music and start it again if you want to watch tv.

I think, Bernd Hackbart should understand, that this feature is important.

Absent of this feature is only one reason, why I cannot use DVBViewer and prefer XBMC with DVBViewer Recording Service as TV backend.

I use HTPC to watch DVB-S TV, and very often to play music and radio. For me it sounds really stupid, that with DVBViewer I must switch on big plasma screen, just to select what music or radio channel I want to play.

Thank you for workaround suggestion, but it sounds for me to complicated for daily use.

Edited by KoMiKo

Absent of this feature is only one reason, why I cannot use DVBViewer and prefer XBMC with DVBViewer Recording Service as TV backend.

I use HTPC to watch DVB-S TV, and very often to play music and radio. For me it sounds really stupid, that with DVBViewer I must switch on big plasma screen, just to select what music or radio channel I want to play.

Thank you for workaround suggestion, but it sounds for me to complicated for daily use.

It shouldn't be too complicated, the foobar uPnP renderer (by bubbleguuum) is designed to work with the BubbleUPnP Android app, foobar2000 is a great customizable player.

Edited by dvbrewer

It shouldn't be too complicated, the foobar uPnP renderer (by bubbleguuum) is designed to work with the BubbleUPnP Android app, foobar2000 is a great customizable player.

But this workaround require to switch between DVBViewer and foobar. I can do the same with DVBViewer (for TV) and XBMC (for other multimedia).

Well, but my idea was to run only one app in my HTPC to keep it as simple as possible to control it with IR remote. With such workarounds I must switch to another app to listen music. When my wife later on will wake up the HTPC, she can have problem to watch TV, as she must start DVBViewer first, and this is not as comfortable as to use one app for all.

XBMC 12 Frodo can do the job (including my requirements to use tablet remote control to play music), but watching live TV is still not as good and stable as in DVBViewer. DVBViewer is really the best app ever to watch TV :biggrin:.

Edited by KoMiKo

But this workaround require to switch between DVBViewer and foobar. I can do the same with DVBViewer (for TV) and XBMC (for other multimedia).

Well, but my idea was to run only one app in my HTPC to keep it as simple as possible to control it with IR remote. With such workarounds I must switch to another app to listen music. When my wife later on will wake up the HTPC, she can have problem to watch TV, as she must start DVBViewer first, and this is not as comfortable as to use one app for all.

XBMC 12 Frodo can do the job (including my requirements to use tablet remote control to play music), but watching live TV is still not as good and stable as in DVBViewer. DVBViewer is really the best app ever to watch TV :biggrin:.

Thats exactly my dilemma mellow.gif

I think he does. Recording Service has experimental renderer support already. Once DVBViewer is a renderer its possible to use UPnPlay from market. But for now it seems SAT>IP and RTSP has a higher priority.

I think he does. Recording Service has experimental renderer support already. Once DVBViewer is a renderer its possible to use UPnPlay from market. But for now it seems SAT>IP and RTSP has a higher priority.

Again misunderstanding.

Problem is, that there is missing app for tablet or handy to remote control DVBViewer and push to play selected music trough DVBViewer itself without need to turn on TV. I think, for this function we don't need any UPnP renderer :) .

Something like this: Official XBMC Remote and its "Listen to Music" function.

or this: Music Pump XBMC Remote

"Music:

- Browsing your xbmc library and playlists without having to turn on the tv

- Music files on xbmc can be played through xbmc"

XBMC 12 Frodo can do the job (including my requirements to use tablet remote control to play music), but watching live TV is still not as good and stable as in DVBViewer.

The addon is as stable as it will ever be: it asks for a stream to the RS and XBMC displays it, if it can't it's because the RS didn't (for whatever reason) deliver it.

And, for me, XBMC is a lot better than DVBViewer.

Edited by A600