Audio Limiter?

labougie

I've only just this week started using DVBViewer and I'm still on a learning curve but so far it has worked spectacularly well. Just a thought - for us oldies who are getting deaf, a simple audio compressor/limiter would help us have the TV volume at a point where we can hear the whispers, without getting blasted by the explosions! Has there been any suggestion of adding such a thing to the Audio Properties or is there a piece of 3rd party software which could be put in the chain?

You might try the postprocessor Plugin in combination with a better directshow Filter.

Unnecessary. Just install AC3 Filter (32 bit version for DVBViewer!) and select it on Options -> DirectX as audio decoder - works for all audio types except AAC. Then, when AC3 Filter is used for playback, open its property page (see View -> Filters) and configure the dynamic range compression. I think that's exactly what you want.

That's exactly what I wound up doing and the DRC in AC3 works a treat. Thank you both for your help. I have a Hauppage PCI card and I've been using WinTV7 which is the worst, clunkiest most unreliable piece of supposedly professional software I've ever come across - if Hauppage had any sense they'd pay you guys for a licence to bundle DVBViewer!