No Hardware Available DVBViewer Pro 5.0

Devonfw

Hi All

supporttool.zip

Pc configuration:

Tv Tuner: Win TV DVB-T (Model 133xxx) – Driver: 1.9.29116.0

PC Model: HP Pavilion P6-2065 UK

Graphics Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Graphics (DX10.1) – Driver: 8.15.10.2291

Manufacturers Motherboard Name: Foxconn

Motherboard name: H-CUPERTINO2-H61-uA TX

HP/Compaq name: Cupertino2

Chipset: Intel H61

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit Edition

Please can you help.

I have used old DVBViewer Pro from 2008 on previous Windows Vista pc with no problems.

Purchased new Windows 7 pc and installed DVBViewer Pro 4.9.6.20 installed in new pc, Windows 7 Premium, with new tuner card.

DVBViewer not seeing installed tv tuner card Win TV DVB-T , only option tv tuner card displayed in DVB settings being: Hauppauge Msi 2500.

When trying to select channel to view, ‘No Hardware Available’ displayed and black screen evident. When trying to scan for new hardware, Hauppauge Msi 2500, being continually displayed, even when deleted.

Uninstalled DVBViewer Pro 4.9.6.20 from pc and installed DVBViewer Pro version 5.0, exactly same problem occurs.

Your help with this would really be appreciated.

Regards

Devonfw

You need to post the "support.zip" file produced when you run the supporttool.exe program.

A common cause of this issue is another program using the hardware. You need to disable Windows MCE, if it's running on your system.

..according to your support.zip there is no hardware connected to the DVBViewer (empty hardware.xml). Maybe you just have to scan for devices (settings -> options -> hardware -> scan devices --> apply)

Hi,

I also have a Hauppauge device. Did you install the drivers from Hauppauge? I think that will not work until you install the driver from Hauppauge website (i mean the WINTV driver CD).

When you run it (or from your CD with drivers) you have 2 options "install driver" & "install wintv". In my side i've installed the driver only, not wintv and i can use DVBViewer.

But if you only use default windows drivers, i'm afraid DVBViewer will not detect your device.

Hi

Thanks for feedback.

Tried scanning for devices several times, but Hauppage Msi 2500 DVBT BDA Filter, only tuner card seen, which I do not have installed.

Deleted existing Win TV DVB-T driver and downloaded from Hauppauge driver relevant to my tuner card, still no joy, in DVBViewer Win TV card not being detected.

I even deleted DVBViewer 5.0 and installed version 3.9.2.0, still the same, Win TV DVB-T card not being seen, in DVBViewer, have also remade Win TV connections from power supply to tuner card and updated graphics card drivers.

Any other advice would be more than welcome with this issue.

Thanks

Hi

Yes, Win TV tuner card has always been displayed in device manager, but not ever been displayed in DVBViewer hardware settings, only Hauppage Msi 2500 DVBT BDA Filter, has ever been displayed. even if deleted in DVB hardware and scan for devices applied, it always is selected. Even though Msi 2500 device is not installed.

Could there be some sort of installation issue? I have reinstalled DVBViewer Pro 5, countless times to try and rectify this error. still no joy.

Hope this helps.

Hi All

Downloaded and installed Hauppauge complete uninstall tool, ran a reboot as requested, installed Hauppauge Win Tv driver, still Win TV tuner not detected in DVBViewer, but shown in device manager.

Thanks for help so far, if any other advice available, would welcome it.

• 1 month later...

I am faced with a similar problem on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. My Satellite card does not show up in the available devices.

Could this be an issue with x64 drivers and x86 applications? I don't believe that x86 drivers can be used/installed on an x64 system.

I have gone from a working DVBViewer to a none working DVBViewer after changing my operating system to x64 to support my full memory and system features after a PC rebuild.

Is this a known problem for x64 systems when using DVBViewer?

Edited by RedDwarf

I'm sure plenty of users, like myself, have tuners working with DVBViewer Pro or Recording Service on 64-bit systems.

Your support.zip might provide some clues. The name of the card would also be helpful.

Have you tried the card with any other apps?

It's okay now, I have sorted it out. For some reason the satellite card drivers were not working properly and device manager only had one device rather than 3 that are required. I don't know why that happened because I am sure they installed okay originally. Although after so many issues with this new PC build and BSOD, system restore it's hard to keep track of how everything stands.

Uninstalling the drivers, rebooting and re-installing them didn't fix it. I moved the card to another slot which didn't help but after another uninstall/re-install it finally worked.

I have not updated my sig yet with the new build specs. I'm hoping it will fix the issues my Mystique card had with the Gigabyte board.

Edited by RedDwarf
  • 3 years later...
On 28. 1. 2013 at 4:56 PM, Devonfw said:

Hi All

supporttool.zip

Pc configuration:

Tv Tuner: Win TV DVB-T (Model 133xxx) – Driver: 1.9.29116.0

PC Model: HP Pavilion P6-2065 UK

Graphics Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Graphics (DX10.1) – Driver: 8.15.10.2291

Manufacturers Motherboard Name: Foxconn

Motherboard name: H-CUPERTINO2-H61-uA TX

HP/Compaq name: Cupertino2

Chipset: Intel H61

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit Edition

Please can you help.

I have used old DVBViewer Pro from 2008 on previous Windows Vista pc with no problems.

Purchased new Windows 7 pc and installed DVBViewer Pro 4.9.6.20 installed in new pc, Windows 7 Premium, with new tuner card.

DVBViewer not seeing installed tv tuner card Win TV DVB-T , only option tv tuner card displayed in DVB settings being: Hauppauge Msi 2500.

When trying to select channel to view, ‘No Hardware Available’ displayed and black screen evident. When trying to scan for new hardware, Hauppauge Msi 2500, being continually displayed, even when deleted.

Uninstalled DVBViewer Pro 4.9.6.20 from pc and installed DVBViewer Pro version 5.0, exactly same problem occurs.

Your help with this would really be appreciated.

Regards

Devonfw

Hello all,

although it is an old post, I have the same problem with the same tuner on v5.6.4.0. Installed the drivers for the DVB-T tuner, tested its function succesfully in MCE, Sichbo and WinTV 8 from Hauppague. In case of DVBViewer, I can see the hardware as "Hauppague MSi DVBT BDA Filter", but in case of trying to tune or select any program, "No HArdware availabe" appears. Strange. Support zip is attached below. Any help will be welcomed, even in German, I understand it too. BR, Zetka, Prague.

support.zip