Having to get new credentials - a SCAM?

KevinH

I purchased DVBViewer in March 2010, and in Jan 2011 when trying to enter the members section was informed that my credentials had to be changed. I filled in the form, and waited, and waited for an email containing my new credentials. No email arrived. I emailed Mr Hackbart who didn't reply. Frustrated, I gave up, and built my Media Centre around MythTV and Linux. I still remember DVBViewer as a great product.

I now want to try DVBViewer again (I have a DVB-S2 tuner with no Linux support, only Windows), and have once again tried to obtain new credentials to enter the members section and download the latest release. I've filled in the form for new credentials for an existing email address - no email with new credentials. I've tried filling it in for a changed email address, giving Mr Hackbart details of my original purchase including the PayPal transaction details, but after 48 hours, still no email with new credentials.

Can anyone suggest how I can get Mr Hackbart's attention?

The web form to obtain new credentials (https://www.DVBViewer.tv/members/keystart.php) does suggest that if I don't want to wait I can buy a new license, so after 2 years of waiting it seems like needing new credentials was just a scam to get me to buy new license.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Kevin

• 1 month later...

I purchased DVBViewer in March 2010, and in Jan 2011 when trying to enter the members section was informed that my credentials had to be changed. I filled in the form, and waited, and waited for an email containing my new credentials. No email arrived. I emailed Mr Hackbart who didn't reply. Frustrated, I gave up, and built my Media Centre around MythTV and Linux. I still remember DVBViewer as a great product.

I now want to try DVBViewer again (I have a DVB-S2 tuner with no Linux support, only Windows), and have once again tried to obtain new credentials to enter the members section and download the latest release. I've filled in the form for new credentials for an existing email address - no email with new credentials. I've tried filling it in for a changed email address, giving Mr Hackbart details of my original purchase including the PayPal transaction details, but after 48 hours, still no email with new credentials.

Can anyone suggest how I can get Mr Hackbart's attention?

The web form to obtain new credentials (https://www.DVBViewer.tv/members/keystart.php) does suggest that if I don't want to wait I can buy a new license, so after 2 years of waiting it seems like needing new credentials was just a scam to get me to buy new license.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Kevin

I am starting to think along the same lines as you. What a frustrating process. Everything leads back to

Attention! Please read carefully. / Achtung, bitte sorgfältig lesen!

Your credentials for the members area (download area) and for the installation of new DVBViewer versions have to be changed. This procedure is free of charge for every customer.

If your old email address hayden@xxxxxxxx.com does not exist or is not accessible anymore, please enter further information in order to validate that you are a registered customer (date of purchase, payment method or other information that may be helpful to identify you as a customer).

If you can access the email address hayden@xxxxxxx.com please make sure to select "Yes, I have access to the email address" because this will allow to process your request much faster.

Please keep in mind that this procedure might take some time. If you do not want to wait, you can buy a new license."

I get nothing back. No verification email, no new credential email. What is going on? And why should I buy a new licence just to get a second key code!!

"

• 4 years later...

Seems like this is still not working? Been trying to get this to work after years of not using DVBViewer. The new credentials page does not seem work. Tried couple email addresses, nothing in spam folder etc. Also first time was like few weeks ago.

Cheers.

Are you aware that the new key system is almost 8 years running? I disabled the update credential function 2 years ago. If you bought a license before 2006 you have to deliver at least the day you bought it from us, otherwise we can't help. The others should drop a mail. Anyway be aware that a response can take a while, especially since we don't put much energy into digging in old documents in order to update credentials from users who bought a licence more than 10 years ago. 

Hello I do not mind to buy for the third time DVB viwer pro providing it include also a hot bird 13 like the software I have had earlier , Please comment ! 

Yours

Manu 

I have already rdentials for DVB but my prblem is hot bird sattelite . I am unable to know what you mean 

DVB PRO 6 (1).png

Christian.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.6.2017 at 3:19 PM, hackbart said:

Are you aware that the new key system is almost 8 years running? I disabled the update credential function 2 years ago. If you bought a license before 2006 you have to deliver at least the day you bought it from us, otherwise we can't help. The others should drop a mail. Anyway be aware that a response can take a while, especially since we don't put much energy into digging in old documents in order to update credentials from users who bought a licence more than 10 years ago. 

I bought mine 2009, I can provide paypal transaction id/date etc. Can you perhaps provide email where i can send the details? Thanks in advance.