Recording UK HD terrestrial TV

Pam

I realise that this is not a problem with DVBViewer but I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

Is it possible to record, edit and encode UK Terrestrial HDTV as I cannot for the life of me work out how!

I have no problems at all with Satellite HDTV but I just cannot for some reason record or encode from Terrestrial - at least not the audio.

I can watch and hear it now (after installing every AAC codec I could find!) but when I capture, I cannot seem to encode the audio. I am using HDConvertoX.

I have the same problem with every other capture software I've tried so I know it isn't DVBViewer but something else.

I can give more details if necessary but I really would like to know that someone else is successfully capping, editing and encoding Terrestrial HDTV. I've been trying to work this out for months now both on a Win7 machine and a WinXP machine with both a Blackgold BGT3630 and a TBS 6280.

TIA for any help/advice/answers.

• 1 month later...

If I have a transport stream containing the AAC codec, I have to convert it to ac3 in order to get it to play through my Western Digital HD player on my Pioneer TV. I do this using multiAVCHD - it seems to be able to convert the audio OK. It's maybe a round-about process, but it works for me. VideoReDo will certainly edit the stream - I use it all the time to trim start, end and remove commercials.

I have to convert it to ac3 in order to get it to play through my Western Digital HD player on my Pioneer TV

AC3 Filter as audio postprocessor is able to convert the AAC decoder output on-the-fly to AC3 if it is configured for PCM input (see property page -> system tab -> use AC3 Filter for PCM). The Postprocessor Plugin enables using it in this way in DVBViewer.