Online database channel list of different providers

DunnoX

Hi would it be possible to host an online database user updated of:

-Channel list per provider

-Channel logos

-Channel genre

-Adicional channel information ex: language, country of origin

• Like 1

We thought about this also, but (for now) decided against it. It's not a trivial task. There are so many things you have to take into consideration and it requires manual supervision for which we simply don't have the man power.

Well my idea was to have users mantain it, and I know its not easy to implement but IMHO the biggest problem would be the logos that are copyrighted material (you can always claim fair use dreamboxes use "picons").

Btw lyngsat and kingofsat rely on users to mantain db updated.

Edited by DunnoX
  • 2 weeks later...

Great idea DunnoX, agree it's a big task for one person or Lars to take on and would need to be an ongoing community effort on a region by region. For example I'd be only interested in the UK region, mainly the FTA satellite channels. I have all my channels categorised and most of the logos I use come from (link below), which you'll see shows how big a task it is. While logos are copyrighted, here in the UK the owners have no issue with the fair use nature of the logos - they even provide a epg feed for us.

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/tv-channels/uk-tv-radio-channel-logos

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/uk-tv-radio-logos.87737/

I realize how much a efford it's I mainly use hispasat 30.0w and had to make channel list and find the icons by hand, I took some picons (picons==channel logos for dreambox) from a forum other from providers website and edited to have transparency etc.I would not mind to mantaining hispasat list I update it weekly.