EPG with 7 or 14 days.

Bjur

Hi I have been using DVB + recording service for years, but my EPG only shows a couple of days ahead.

Can I change so I get for 7 or 14 days?

Depends on where you get the EPG from

Depends on where you get the EPG from

Nowhere just using dvb but as a following Danish user you can recommend me something if i can't use dvb for 7 or 14 days:)

Yes, but it depends on where you get your signal. If it is DVB-S and Canal Digital, you need to tune to Frequeny 10934 to get about 10 days of EPG, if it is Viasat you need to tune to the right frequency.

You could also try to use a EPG Search timer, but lately it dosen't work for me anymore. Worked fine before, but now i only get Now & Next. So therefore i have a timer running every morning, tuning to Nick VH1C which is located at 10934

but lately it dosen't work for me anymore. Worked fine before, but now i only get Now & Next. So therefore i have a timer running every morning, tuning to Nick VH1C which is located at 10934

you can use the old updater algo again ->RSTweaker ->uncheck fast EPG updater
  • 3 weeks later...

I found this article quite usefull cause it was the reason I registred to this forum.

I have been using DVBViewer for a couple of years now since i started university, but i have always wondered how it is possible to see the EPG for the whole evening / week.

I have for the moment Canal Digital Norway Cabel and a Terratec Cynergi DVB-T. Using a STRONG Cam and recive all the channels in my package from CD.

I have found out that when i tune in on Visjon Norge then whole EPG is downloaded for (at least) one day in the future. Is it so that i have to switch into this channel every day to get the update, or is it a way to this in an automatic way?

Visjon Norge are having these settings:

TunerType=0
Frequency=434000
Polarity=0
Symbolrate=6950
FEC=-1
APID=3148
VPID=1153
PMTPID=180
PCRPID=1153
AC3=0
TelePID=0
SID=1809
StreamID=17
NetworkID=70
LNB-Selection=0
LNB=0
DiseqC=3
DiSEqCValue=0
Root=Canal Digital
Name=Visjon Norge
Category=Canal Digital Kabel
Encrypted=24
SatModulation=0
Group=0
Language=nor
EPGFlag=0
Volume=0
Audiochannel=0
OrbitalPos=4000

Thanks for the info that lead me to these findings on this forum :)

From the cold north

- Arildm

I found this article quite usefull cause it was the reason I registred to this forum.

I have been using DVBViewer for a couple of years now since i started university, but i have always wondered how it is possible to see the EPG for the whole evening / week.

I have for the moment Canal Digital Norway Cabel and a Terratec Cynergi DVB-T. Using a STRONG Cam and recive all the channels in my package from CD.

I have found out that when i tune in on Visjon Norge then whole EPG is downloaded for (at least) one day in the future. Is it so that i have to switch into this channel every day to get the update, or is it a way to this in an automatic way?

Visjon Norge are having these settings:

TunerType=0

Frequency=434000

Polarity=0

Symbolrate=6950

FEC=-1

APID=3148

VPID=1153

PMTPID=180

PCRPID=1153

AC3=0

TelePID=0

SID=1809

StreamID=17

NetworkID=70

LNB-Selection=0

LNB=0

DiseqC=3

DiSEqCValue=0

Root=Canal Digital

Name=Visjon Norge

Category=Canal Digital Kabel

Encrypted=24

SatModulation=0

Group=0

Language=nor

EPGFlag=0

Volume=0

Audiochannel=0

OrbitalPos=4000

Thanks for the info that lead me to these findings on this forum :)

From the cold north

- Arildm

Just make a timer that does a tune only every day to this channel (ask me if you dont know how to). But you could do better if you call your provider, and ask for the channel, where they provide 14 days EPG, or better

• Like 1

Quick reply and a good answer!

Thanks for the tip McenterFreak. About the tune every day, i think i can make a "prebook" in the timer-section where it switch on to the chan that gives me the EPG, and then set the regular recordings afterwards. (the EPG showed me until Friday aka 6 days in advanced. I'm quite happy with that since i now can plan the whole week :)).

Will call Canal Digital monday and see if they have a frequency to me where i can get the whole EPG / a place where i can download the XML files.

Thanks for the answer :). Helped me a lot.

@mcenterfreak: Regarding the 7 days EPG with yousee you say, don't but im only getting max 2 days. How do I get 7 days?

I don't know, because i don't have YouSee, but maybee you can find it on recordere.dk

• 2 weeks later...

hhmm..seems i was wrong :S.

When i tune in now and do the same procedyre as i did last time, then EPG just shows me the next 2 shows :S. Really to bad since its quite nice to plan 1 week ahead.

Does anyone know how EPG works?

where it is sent on Canal Digital Norway Cabel?

and is their a way to download this info into DVBViewer somehow, f.eks instead of mediahighway ?

where it is sent on Canal Digital Norway Cabel?

Have you tried a call to their customer service? Canal Digital customeservice in Denmark gave me the information whitout problems

• 6 months later...