Looking for Pop Girl

davidnugget

Hello.
I am in the UK on Astra28.2E/Eurobird. using a Hauppage DVB S2 card.
I used to be able to get channels Pop Girl, Tiny Pop etc but at some stage
they moved. Now, however I scan, I can't find them. I am no expert!

The channel should be on transponder freq 11307 V according to most everything I can find.
I started afresh by installing new version Dbviewer 5.0 and not keeping anything

from before. This has found 444 FTA video channels but nothing at all on 11307 V.
When I scan this frequency with Transedit_3_8_6 it also finds nothing at all.

I have done this at different times of day, when the channels should be transmitting.

I also tried a blind scan in Transedit which found lots more channels
including the encrypted ones but no Pop Girl. (I am out of my depth here
though I noticed the frequencies here seem to vary a bit from those in
the ini file)

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks.

Details: Vista Home Premium, Hauppage WIN TV 88X DVB S/S2 card,
driver ver 2.126.28225.0, ATI Radeon HD 3650.

Thanks, (that's quick!) I have loaded this OK. Now I just get no signal on it.

Maybe it is weaker than all the others or maybe it is a quirk of the Hauppage. Though those

seem to relate to S2 maybe it is bad with all newer channels without fiddling.

No problem to receive it here in the western part of Germany with a 45 cm dish and a Hauppauge Nova S2 despite bad weather conditions (snowing again... >_<).

Does your outdoor equipment respond to DiSEqC? If yes it may be necessary to adjust the DiSEqC setting of the imported channel.

I have No DisEqc but I've tried it with different settings. With the INI file loaded, if I scan the frequency with Transedit it now just reports

Pop girl as a dead channel. Strange.

Pop Girl was one of the channels that used to be affected by DECT interference, but the broadcaster changed the transponder because of that. 11307 should be OK.

Did you try TransEdit's Analyzer?

I have just tried Transedit Analyser on 11307 V and this is giving me 0% no detected signal.

I tried a random selection of other frequencies including 11307 H, all of which gave me detailed results, qualities around 94 % .

There doesn't seem to be anything odd in transmissions lately (I don't suppose many of you here watch this channel!) according to

http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?mux=11308&pid=53360&live=69〈=en

(I think the 11308 rather than ..7 on this site is just to keep some index unique).

So it remains a mystery, but thanks for your suggestions.

I looked once before but it was off-air so I couldn't be sure but I just checked again and it's working fine here on FreeSat. Here are the settings for both channels:

post-55522-0-77976900-1364266143_thumb.jpg

post-55522-0-85985600-1364266354_thumb.jpg

Edited by SimonP

Ouch, I finally got the transponder and all the channels by adjusting the skew on my LNB (quite a bit). It seems strange that this transponder was the only

FTA one which I previously couldn't get, but that's life.

Sorry to have wasted peoples time, though if it only took them away from watching TV they haven't missed much at the moment!