GE Version EPG Options

ardee

DVBViewer GE has an option setting, "Background EPG update - time per transponder". Can someone explain what this setting does, and how to use it please? I cannot find a help file for this.

Also, is there any way to get a faster update of the UK channels in the EPG by tuning to a specific transponder?

Also, is there any way to get a faster update of the UK channels in the EPG by tuning to a specific transponder?

I use a Tune Only timer, that tune to a channel where i know the EPG is sent from. So if you know what frequency the EPG i sent from, just make a timer that tunes it every day

Edited by McenterFreak

is there any way to get a faster update of the UK channels in the EPG by tuning to a specific transponder?

There is. Import the attached data channel into the DVBViewer GE channel list (drag & drop the INI file there). Make sure that Channel -> Channel Auto-Update is switched on. Then switch over to FreesatHome. You will get no video and audio, but it will take less than 30 seconds to update the EPG for all Freesat channels.

"Background EPG update - time per transponder"

Refers to the "Background EPG Update" checkbox in the EPG Window, EPG Tab. However, this function is of little value in the UK, because it does not read the proprietary Freesat EPG, but only the "normal" Event Information Table (EIT), that is restricted to present/following events in the Freesat sphere. So rather use the method described above.

FreesatHome.ini

Thanks for the reply, Griga.

I had some trouble with the file because when I tried to drag and drop it created duplicate folders in the channel list. I then dragged the channel to the existing Freesat audio folder and deleted the duplicate folders. The new channel is 2037 FreesatHome but there is an existing channel in the folder which is 2025 FreesatHome. Both seem to have the same properties.

You already had it. :) I guess DVBViewer GE created a new folder because I exported it from my channel list, and maybe it was in a different category or had different DiSEqC settings. Anyway, you did things right, and it should work.