[Low priority] "Push" dlna to connected network device

DunnoX

I one more idea that it is pushing live/recorded/library items to a dlna capable media renderer (TV / other compute /r etc)

Example:

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/extremewindows/archive/2011/03/28/using-play-to-with-a-dlna-certified-tv.aspx

Idea inspired by coffee and yes it's complicated to implement but it's being used by android phones/$windows/some other funny gadgets

Why no black mug on fan shop?

Edited by DunnoX

Have you already tried with RS?

Here it's working with the standard Samsung's DLNA app on a Samsung Android 2.3...

(to play media stream your dorid have to have a proper player, like MXPlayer)

:bye:

Have you already tried with RS?

Here it's working with the standard Samsung's DLNA app on a Samsung Android 2.3...

(to play media stream your dorid have to have a proper player, like MXPlayer)

:bye:

Sir I said push not pull .

In other words what I mean is my tv can go fetch upnp shares that are on the network or you force the tv to display what you want from the proprietary software allshares.

Forcing and media render to display what you want is what i mean by pushing.In the example i can see a windows function that is "play to" what "play to" does is let you choose where the selected file is going to be reproduced (tv / another pc /etc).

Have you tried the UPNP Controller in the RS web interface (not UPnP Server)?

If yes what is the difference to your request?

Within certain software u can "force" media to an upnp device:

say you have a tablet with a video file you can "push" the file to your tv (you can force the tv to start playing the video file without the need to interface with the tv remote)