Slow streaming overseas...is this a DVBViewer problem?

bowser

I have setup DVBViewer and DVBViewer recording service on my htpc running windows 7 x64 off an i5-3470s, 4Gb ram, 3TB hdd. I need to check tonight which DVBViewer version I am using but it was setup one to two years ago. I am hesitent to upgrade to the newest versions as it took me a while to configure everything perfectly but if my problem is remedied by the latest versions I am more than happy to upgrade.

The htpc is in Hong Kong and has a 30Mbps upload and 30Mbps download internet connection. I can stream live tv to my android phone in Hong Kong at up to 2048kbps without any issue on both wifi and 3g.

Recently I am trying to stream live TV from my htpc in Hong Kong to my relatives living in Sydney, Australia. For some reason, they are only able to stream the live TV at 384kbps, any higher and the video/audio will stutter and stall. Originally, I thought this was a bandwidth issue at my relatives place (they have a 4mbps download connection). However, I have Qloud media server also installed on the htpc and they are able to stream videos via Qloud onto their android phones at up to 2048kbps which would confirm its not a bandwidth issue to my htpc.

After some investigation, I am led to believe that the issue may lie with DVBViewer but I am not sure so reaching out to the experts here to verify. Is there something I can do to see whether its a DVBViewer issue? Thanks!