COM API PlayListManager: start at given position not working anymore

Breaker27

Hello,
I updated to DVBViewer 5.0 (now 5.1) after setting up a new HTPC.
I'm using the COM API to start playback of a file from a little Delphi program of mine. I use the IPlayListManager interface to start playback at a given position like this:

item := FDVBViewer.PlayListManager.NewPlaylistItem;
item.Filename := 'v:\test.mkv';
positionSec := 1000.0;

FDVBViewer.PlayListManager.getPlaylist(3).Clear;
FDVBViewer.PlayListManager.getPlaylist(3).Add(item);
FDVBViewer.PlayListManager.Play(1, positionSec);
FDVBViewer.PlayListManager.PlayNext(True, positionSec); // as an alternative

But the procedures

procedure Play(TitleNr: Integer; Position: Double);
procedure PlayNext(Autostart: WordBool; Position: Double);
don't work anymore as expected. Playback always starts at the beginning, no matter what I enter as the position.
This is currently a no-go for me, so I have to revert to a very old version 4.x of DVBViewer, since other versions cannot be downloaded from the site. :-( It would be nice if the bug could be fixed soon.
Is there's another way to set the current playback position with the COM API, let me know (I didn't found a function for that)!
Environment: DVBViewer 5.0 (fresh installation), Updated to 5.1, under Windows 7 Prof.
  • 4 years later...

I can confirm this when testing it. Jumping to position is kind of a cool feature, although it has little significance to do it from the COM. For this function COM always require two params, but does only acknowledge the first and ignores the second.   

iDVBViewer.PlayListManager.Play(0,60) ; Plays listitem 1 in Playlist and jump to 1 minute.

Edited by majstang
  • Like 1

Strange implementation... if the specified item is not played DVBViewer starts playing it and ignores the position parameter. However, if playback of the item is already going on the position parameter is applied. Try

DVBViewer.PlayListManager.Play(0,0);
DVBViewer.PlayListManager.Play(0,60);

Maybe it's because DirectShow ignores a position change if playback has been started a short time ago, because internally it is not really up and running yet. Dunno...

:thumbsup: That worked:D Report closed and sorted:) Or if set a short timeout before function executes the jump might do, so that it will be possible to do both with one call?

Edited by majstang