Hauppauge HVR-930c missing datastream

SteenJarboel

Rather often my Hauppauge HVR-930c USB receiver (DVB-C) does not tune-in thus making an empty file.
It usually helps when I uncheck and recheck the checkbox in the PVR.
I have set the retune time at missing datastream to 20 seconds, but this does not help. Most of the settings are default.
Can a change in any setting help?
The situation existed when support.zip was created.

support.zip

Rather often my Hauppauge HVR-930c USB receiver (DVB-C) does not tune-in thus making an empty file.

Do you really have 4 of these devices connected to your PC? :blink: Plus some others? Looks a bit excessive...

Anyway - there should be a "Force auto modulation" checkbox for the 930c cable tuners on Options -> Hardware. Try to change this setting.

Unfortunately it did not help to check "Force auto modulation". It failed to tune in again.
Then I unchecked "Direct tuning", but this did not help either.
When it fails, I have to uncheck and recheck til checkbox in the PVR, then it usually records again.
It seems to me, that it may not do any retuning automatically.
Is there any way I can verify, that it retunes?

Is there a log or something?

(The channels in DVB-C network are not very appropriate organized in frequency in my point of view,
so I have to have a number of tuners to cover the channels I am interested in, and it is a praise to the program, that it can handle it.)