pmt parser issue since french TV SD chanels change(Astra)

trifon33

Hello,<br /><br />In april Canal changed many things with SD chanels on AStra 19.2, many of them moved from TP to another TP.<br />In addition, they have changed pmt audio/video rank as well.<br /><br />The result is that the descrambling process with Viaccess CAM is OK(no warning regarding rights) excepted on many chanels, I get vidéo only or black screen...<br /><br />I found this issue with one DVBSky S050CI DVB-S2 PCIe with Smit standard Viaccess CAM(no secure).<br /><br />Some people said Canal have changed the rank of the PID audio and video beyond 7 or 8 so that very little couples STB+Cam can properly descramble the chanel.<br /><br />In addition some chanels names are wrong after scan, on TP 11856V, I-télé appears under other chanel name for instance...<br /><br />I use one Linux STB with, I can see there is no issue..<br /><br />Is there something to do for improving DVBViewer? Or alternatively, should I have to buy one more compatible CAM?<br /><br />Thanks for your help..

Some people said Canal have changed the rank of the PID audio and video beyond 7 or 8

You can check things like that with TransEdit (download from the members area, read the ReadMe) in the Analyzer's treeview -> PAT -> Service -> PMT nodes. E.g. the CANAL+ CINEMA PMT on 11856 V enumerates 9 (!) Private Data PIDs, followed by Video and Audio. Looks like some people are right...

In addition some chanels names are wrong after scan, for instance in TP 11856V, I-télé appears in place of other chanel...

I can see no such issue in the TransEdit scanner. Maybe it would be good to delete all old CSAT entries in the channellist and to rescan them.

Is there something to do for improving DVBViewer? Or alternatively, should I have to buy one more compatible CAM?

Someone who knows more about CAMs than me should answer this question...

Thank's Griga..

I understand the only way out for fixing the issue is the CAM...is not it???

Nothing to improve in DVBViewer for more compatibility???

I understand the only way out for fixing the issue is the CAM...is not it???

Nothing to improve in DVBViewer for more compatibility???

I guess not but it's impossible to say for sure ;)

The CAM gets the ca_information from the host. Host is the DVBViewer and/or the ca_application of the tv-card (part of the driver or a dll). According to the CI standard the host has to send a ca_pmt containing all necessary information to filter the correct ECM_PIDs.

The CA PMT object is a table extracted from the Programme Map Table (PMT) in the PSI information (see [1]

subclauses 2.4.4.8 and 2.4.4.9) by the host and sent to the application. This table contains all access control

information allowing the application to filter the ECMs itself and to make itself the correct assignment of an

ECM stream with a scrambled component.

A user can't see whether there is a fault in the ca_pmt or the CAM get's lost with this much of information sent by CSAT :rolleyes:

Maybe some tv appl. offer the possibility to edit the ca_pmt. DVBViewer does not.

Actually the DVBSky CI Devices driver gets the complete (raw)PMT from the DVBViewer and is responsible for processing it. No ca_PMT involved.

Of course a ca_pmt is involved but apparently it's assembled by the driver ;)

Maybe some tv appl. offer the possibility to edit the ca_pmt. DVBViewer does not.

/edit

the tv application could edit the PMT. DVBViewer does not!

In april Canal changed many things with SD chanels on AStra 19.2

Maybe that is the reason in combination with a bug in DVBViewer pro. I've checked in DVBViewer-pro for CANAL+ CINEMA (fra) on 11856V which ca_info is received by a ca_plugin. It only showed an empty list. Same test with DVBViewer GE revealed the complete ECM list. The reason was that the pro channel list had a wrong PMT for this service, though "Auto-Update Channel" was checked! After editing the settings in GE with a wrong PMT_PID, it was corrected automatically as expected.

You can check things like that with TransEdit (download from the members area, read the ReadMe) in the Analyzer's treeview -> PAT -> Service -> PMT nodes. E.g. the CANAL+ CINEMA PMT on 11856 V enumerates 9 (!) Private Data PIDs, followed by Video and Audio. Looks like some people are right...

It would also be interesting which CAM is being used. I know the implementation of one CAM and it gets rid of private data ES PIDs with unknown stream type.

Well, I once had an official Mediaguard CI module, which didn't work properly with DVBViewer cos it couldn't handle large multiplexes. Default the entire mux is routed through the CI in contrast to STBs. If you take the recording options you can select between the used ES_PIDs, that are decoded or all audio + teletext + subtitle but never all kind of private ES_PIDs. Nevertheless all these stream are routed through the CI though the DVBViewer can't use them anyway. IMHO it would be useful to filter the PMT accordingly :)