sendcommand with two instances of dvbviewer

I use two instances of DVBViewer in the same pc in two separate directory and name the
executable as DVBViewer.exe and dvbviewer1.exe all work fine but when i use the script
for example:

set DVBViewer = getobject(,"DVBViewerServer.DVBViewer")
DVBViewer.sendcommand "16383"

only the first instance receive the command, how can i tell to the script to use the second

instance ?

I think this is not possible using COM because the COM server could only be registered once (by the first instance started).

But you can try to execute DVBViewer.exe and dvbviewer1.exe with the command line switch -x followed by an action id.

I use two instances of DVBViewer in the same pc in two separate directory and name the

executable as DVBViewer.exe and dvbviewer1.exe all work fine but when i use the script

for example:

set DVBViewer = getobject(,"DVBViewerServer.DVBViewer")

DVBViewer.sendcommand "16383"

only the first instance receive the command, how can i tell to the script to use the second

instance ?

Syntax:

WScript.GetObject (strPathName [,strProgID] [,strSubPrefix])
strPathName  Receives the location of the file that will be loaded into the associated application.
strProgID    If the specified file can be handled by more than one application, this parameter accepts the ProgID of the particular application that you wish to use to load the file.
strSubPrefix If non-empty, the CreateObject method will bind the events of the newly loaded object to event handlers beginning with the string passed to this parameter.

Just an idea:

Make an association for filtetype "*.dvbv1" with DVBViewer1. Create a dummy file "dummy.dvb1".

set DVBViewer = getobject("dummy.dvbv1")
Edited by erwin