TBS 9255 USB Motor Problem

backer

Hello.

I tested a few DVBS windows software and found that DVBViewer was the best so I purchased the Pro version.

I like the recording service and have used it to watch satellite TV channels on different devices on my LAN.

But I have been unable to move my motor at all. In fact I haven't been to move the dish with other software I tried including Easy Blind Scan Pro.

I have a Cband setup with positioner. The TBS 5922 USB tuner is using windows driver 2.0.3.1 which I believe it the latest.

The motor is able to be moved with my OpenBox X5 STB or the positioner remote control (which is how I have been using it).

I have 14 pre-sets that have programed in the positioner box. I select DiSEqC Preset Pos and select the number stored in the positioner but there is no movement.

It can't be LNB power problem as the dish motor is powered by the positioner.

Can anyone with my USB tuner give me advice if I will be able to get it move the motor or is there a problem with the driver/hardware that prevents it?

thanks

Brandon

It works for me with a 90cm dish, though I am using an older driver (2.0.1.6). What size antenna are you using, maybe there is not enough DC power to shift a bigger positioner/dish?

(I presume you did mean TBS 5922?)

Chris

Edited by Cjay

Yes TBS 5922 sorry I used the incorrect number in my subject.

I am using a 2.3M Cband dish with 24" actuator with a positioner (V-BOX II) box which providers power to the motor.

I can move the dish with the remote control provided with the positioner as well as my satellite STB (openbox X5) setup with DiSEqC 1.2.

I've tried to get earlier versions of the driver but the TBS website only has the latest. And the CD my USB tuner came with has 2.0.3.0 which made no difference.

It would be great to be able to move the automatically dish in DVBViewer.

Can you see DiSEqC commands in the log file? Post your support file here if unsure where to look.

I recommend you use TransEdit when testing this. Open the positioner window and try moving the dish. If it works by pressing the "Goto position" more than once, then you can edit the Extended DiSEqC settings to repeat the command.

I have tried TransEdit and the positioner window. Clicking east/west does nothing. The Goto position also does nothing.

I am using Windows 8 Pro X64 if that makes any difference.