diseqc doesn't work - prof 7500 tuner and dvbviewer

hi

I have installed a new diseqc (4x1)

DVBViewer 5.1+latest transedit

the diseqc doesn't work, the input is always lnb1 no matter what I set.

I thought the diseqc was broken but it works with my sat finder device.

is there anything that I can do to make it work?

and I thought there is a bug in transedit. the LO1 and LO2

in transedit you have to enter 5750 and 5150 but in DVBViewer you have to enter 5150 and 5750

it's very confusing

My Prof 7500 works perfectly well with diseqc 1.0, though I use universal LNBs. But I can't imagine that the different LOFs will have an influence on diseqc.

LOF1/LOF2 should be identical in transedit and DVBViewer.

Maybe a more detailed description of your outdoor equipment will help to pinpoint the problem.

P.S. LOFSW must be set correctly if you are using different values for LOF1 and LOF2. Please also take note of the TransEdit Manual.

Edited by Griga

in my sat finder I just use lof1 5150 and lof2 5750

diseqc = lnb 2 and it worked

my lnb is dual l.o. bi-polarozation type c band lnb.

in DVBViewer i set diseqc to all possible selection and none worked.

I don't know what to write in lof sw so I write 0

anf I don't have a 22k and I don't see this option in transedit

Is it a LNB like this one?

http://hzsingda.en.made-in-china.com/product/eKTECWojfGcb/China-Universalit-t-des-c-Band-LNB-5150-5750-Gigahertz-.html

It seems to be a band-stacking LNB that maps horizontal and vertical polarisation to different frequency ranges.

Which kind of DiSEqC switch are you using? How are the LNBs connected to it? You must explain a bit more, otherwise we cannot find out what's going on.

hi

yes it looks like this, polarization is switched by frequency, however mine has 4 independent output.

the diseqc looks like attached picture.

currently I have 2 of this kind of lnb, each lnb connected with 2 outputs, each output is connected to an input on diseqc.

in another word I have 2 diseqc, each with 2 inputs connected to a lnb of this kind.

post-137337-0-86199900-1369271158_thumb.jpg

and regarding the lo1 and lo2 problem. although my diseqc doesn't work but the input 1 is working.

What I am talking about is: in transedit I put 5750 in lo1 and 5750 in lo2, only this way, it can scan H/V channels correctly.

but in DVBViewer I have to put 5150 in lo1 and 5750 in lo2, only this way, it can scan H/V channels correctly.

and according to the manual of lnb, 5150 is for H and 5750 is for V polarization.

yes it looks like this, polarization is switched by frequency, however mine has 4 independent output.

Are there 4 outputs for supplying 4 receivers (Quad LNB)? Or do they have some other meaning?

the diseqc looks like attached picture.

I see. It is this one:

http://www.gecensat.com/msg.php?id=58

in another word I have 2 diseqc, each with 2 inputs connected to a lnb of this kind.

I am not sure how this setup is supposed to work, but I guess

- You have two Quad bandstacking C-Band LNBs for receiving two satellite positions. Each of the 4 outputs of a LNB is able to deliver all frequencies of the satellite position, so you can connect 4 receivers to it.

- You have two 4 in 1 DiSEqC switches for supplying two receivers. Each switch is connected to two outputs of LNB 1 and two outputs of LNB 2. That means, two inputs of a DiSEqC switch get satellite position 1 and two inputs get satellite position 2.

- You have two transponder lists for the two satellite positions, both with the original C band frequency and polarization for each transponder.

- It is expected that two of the four DiSEqC commands (PosA/OptA, PosB/OptA, PosA/OptB, PosB/OptB) enable receiving satellite position 1, and the other two satellite position 2.

Is this correct? If yes, have you tried all of the four DiSEqC commands in TransEdit? Don't forget to click Apply after changing DiSEqC.

What I am talking about is: in transedit I put 5750 in lo1 and 5750 in lo2, only this way, it can scan H/V channels correctly.

but in DVBViewer I have to put 5150 in lo1 and 5750 in lo2, only this way, it can scan H/V channels correctly.

according to the manual of lnb, 5150 is for H and 5750 is for V polarization.

Lately I have added support for DishPro bandstacking LNBs in TransEdit (see here). The band stacking support is enabled by entering different values for LOF1 and LOF2, and setting LOFSW to 0 or 1. LOFSW = 0 switches the 22 khz signal off, and LOFSW = 1 switches it on.

The values that you have entered enable the bandstacking support. However, with DishPro LNBs it is the other way round. LOF1 = 11250 MHz is for V polarization, and LOF2 = 14350 MHz is for H polarization. That's why the LOF values have to be swapped in your case.

As far as I know the DVBViewer Pro scanner does not support bandstacking LNBs at all, so I wonder why it works.

Nevertheless DVBViewer Pro should be able to handle scan results exported from TransEdit to the DVBViewer channellist correctly. TransEdit sets a bandstacking flag in the scan results, and its meaning is known to DVBViewer Pro.

hi

you can ignore my complex setup, become I am not connecting anything but one tuner now.

I have 2 c band lnb(using 5150 for H and 5750 for V), each ouput from these lnb is connected to a diseqc (lnb1 and lnb2)

in DVBViewer I tried all of the diseqc commands but none worked, but I think POSA/OPTA is for Lnb1 and POSB/OPTA is for lnb2 right?)

in my sat finder, all I do is to setup a lnb as universal lnb and lof1=5150,lof2=5750, and setup the diseqc to lnb1 or lnb2 and it worked.

and I think it's not a matter of these LOF or LNB you can ignore it, it's a problem of switching diseqc.

because I can actually "FOUND" channels on LNB1 when I am analyzing transponders on LNB2

this means the LNB is up and running but the diseqc is not working, the input is not switched.

You have to create 2 different transponder lists for vertical and horizontal polarisation. Enter at LOF1 the appropriate LOF for the corresponding polarisation. Set LOF SW to 0. Assign either Pos A/Opt A or Pos B/Opt B to vertical (horizontal).

from the help file:

LOF 1, LOF 2, LOF SW (satellite only): The first two values are the Local Oscillator Frequencies (in MHz) of your LNB for receiving the low and high band. LOF SW (LOF Switch) marks the border between low and high band. TransEdit assumes that LOF 1 applies to all frequencies below LOF SW (22 kHz Tone switched off) , and LOF 2 to all frequencies above LOF SW (22 kHz Tone switched on).

in DVBViewer I tried all of the diseqc commands but none worked, but I think POSA/OPTA is for Lnb1 and POSB/OPTA is for lnb2 right?)

Maybe. It depends on your complex setup. :) Since Derrick confirmed that DiSEqC is basically working with DVBViewer and the Prof 7500 (see above), the problem must be related to your equipment or configuration.

That's why I try to find out how it is supposed to work. Additionally I want to learn something about your LNB type in order to improve the support for it. From the European point of view it is a very exotic LNB. Nobody is using it here, and there is no way for us to test how DVBViewer is working with it. So everything depends on user feedback. Please note that in Europe the term "Universal LNB" stands for a commonly used Ku band LNB type that is completely different. So if you call your LNB "Universal LNB" in a European forum it will be misunderstood. Rather call it "Bandstacking C-Band LNB". Fortunately searching with Google for "LNB 5750 5150" gave me an idea what it really is.

If the attempt to get more information about your equipment does not yield results, the only alternative is blind guessing and trying this and that. E.g. you may try the recommendations that I have given here. Since Prof and TBS devices are quite similar it may help... we will see.

• 2 years later...

I am having the same issue this guy is with the prof 7500 not scanning the transponders please help!!!!

prof 7500
transedit software

Invacom Quad QPH-031 KU LNB 2 Linear& Polar Outputs

DVBViewer
spaun 4x1 switch
win7 x64 bit
Prof7500_Driver_2.0.0.7_W7_64

lof 9750 lof 10600 w

I verified that the transponder are there with my coolsat with a strong singal.
I cant get only like three transponders working on 97 west using prof 7500.

I also notice when i use fastsatfinder the prof7500 identifies all the transponders. Please help. I want it to work in DVBViewer

Edited by riversma