Hama DVB-T USB 2.0 Receiver (00053176)

zygziem

I have a HAMA 53127 which works perfectly with DVBViewer.

I looked into the driver of your HAMA 53176. It seems to have RTL2832U chipset, same as my stick.

So it should work!

This is RTL2832U chipset.

I tried the drivers:
DriverVer = 06/13/2011 8664.001.0613.2011
DriverVer = 01/19/2012 8664.001.0119.2012
and does not work.

Very good work with TotalMedia 3.5 (ArcSoft).

I installed the driver from HAMA 53127.
DriverVer = 07/06/2009 86.001.0706.2009

DVBViewer still does not work, TotalMedia 3.5 stopped working.

Edited by zygziem

Are you sure that the frequencies scanned by DVBViewer are correct? In some countries the DVB-T frequencies are a bit different. E.g. in France all frequencies are shifted by 167 kHz (650167 instead of 650000, for example).

In which country do you want to receive DVB-T?

Try different combinations of the following settings on Options -> Hardware:

- Use internal Network Provider Filter

- Direct Tuning

- Stop stream while tuning

Maybe one of it works...

Doesn't look very promising . Maybe this USB device only works with software specifically designed for it ;) I couldn't find much information about it in the web.

Last attempt: Does scanning work with TransEdit? (download from the members area, read the ReadMe!)

TotalMedia 3.5 recognizes my tuner:

REALTEK DTV Filter_DVB-T --> this going to be scanned
REALTEK DTV Filter_ISDBT_1SEG

two types to choose from.

DVBViewer recognize my tuner:

REALTEK DTV Filter

only one type.

-----------------------------------------
Maybe there is a problem?

Only one type. Maybe there is a problem?

I don't think so. ISDB-T is a Japanese standard for terrestrial broadcasts (also used in South America). Obviously the device can receive DVB-T and ISDB-T. DVBViewer detects the correct type for your region.

Maybe the Hama device is not fully BDA compatible and the application must configure it in a special way to make it work. Who knows...

I have a similar USB-Rx with RTL2832U chipset. It's found by DVBViewer and TransEdit. But it does not find any station when I scan. Not even the supplied SW, BlazeHDTV finds any stations, FM radio and DAB+ is fine. But if I use TV Jukebox that came with an other USB-Rx that I have, it works fine.

But not a problem, since I use the RTL2832U as a SDR, :glare: with it's own driver.

You may check if TotalMedia installs a background service that keeps the device occupied (e.g. for updating the EPG or providing a TV server in a home network), so it can't be used by other applications.

TotalMedia tuner sees as "REALTEK DTV Filter_DVB-T".
DVBViewer tuner sees as "REALTEK DTV Filter".
Is that right?

TotalMedia completely uninstalled from my computer.
For me, this program is a nightmare.

DVBViewer tuner sees as "REALTEK DTV Filter".

This name is reported by the Windows System Device Enumerator when DVBViewer queries it for available tuners in the KSCATEGORY_BDA_NETWORK_TUNER category. I don't know where "REALTEK DTV Filter_DVB-T" originates from. Maybe it's an internal name only known to TotalMedia.