OSD broken in DVBViewer Pro 5.2?

highyield

I've just updated from 5.1 (clean install). The OSD doesn't seem to be working at all. No OSD menu, no Volume OSD, no autopopup EPG. Nothing. Using Custom EVR and standard EVR.

support.zip

Edited by highyield

Hmm okay, according to the osd error log there is a problem while loading the hbbtv engine, which you dont have. Please try the following:

Remove the cmuv folder, download the software from the server again and install it.

A combination between several smaller issues, to be honest right now i got a couple of disconnections on the server the last hour and reuploaded the file. Even if the download speed is fine, uploading is a pain at the moment. Not sure if it is my connection here or server related.

Not directly, it was as Tjod mentioned a fix on the binary. I did not tested it without the HbbTV engine and well there was an silent exception inside. The other issue was that i had uploaded the component list for the installer multiple times, because each time i started to upload it the connection was broken, same with the news entries. Anyway good to read that it is working now.

Got a bug here I think, after installing 5.2 & HbbTV/MHEG and running HbbTV iplayer once, the OSD now stops working about 3 seconds after I tune a channel, even if I restart?

Edited by dvbrewer

Got a bug here I think, after installing 5.2 & HbbTV/MHEG and running HbbTV iplayer once, the OSD now stops working about 3 seconds after I tune a channel, even if I restart?

Actually it's not all broken, volume OSD shows up, but MediaCenter & Channel info (ENTER) don't work.

Not directly, it was as Tjod mentioned a fix on the binary. I did not tested it without the HbbTV engine and well there was an silent exception inside. The other issue was that i had uploaded the component list for the installer multiple times, because each time i started to upload it the connection was broken, same with the news entries. Anyway good to read that it is working now.

Still getting problem with OSD with MHEG & HbbTV installed, downloaded at 21:35, some of OSD stops working about 3 seconds after tuning a channel, Mediacenter & Channel info is broken, volume OSD still works.

Actually it's not all broken, volume OSD shows up, but MediaCenter & Channel info (ENTER) don't work.

OK, pressing Esc brings up the MHEG red button menu on BBC channels, I can use arrows to navigate the red button menu & I press ENTER to access the sub menus, but if I access a link to a red button channel DVBViewer crashes.

Still getting problem with OSD with MHEG & HbbTV installed, downloaded at 21:35, some of OSD stops working about 3 seconds after tuning a channel, Mediacenter & Channel info is broken, volume OSD still works.

This may be some kind of conflict caused by MHEG, as Esc and ENTER now seem tied to red button functionality instead of bringing up OSD Menu / Channel info, also clicking a link to red button channel i.e., currently, Rick Stein's India, crashes DVBViewer.

Edited by dvbrewer

@dvbrewer

stop crossposting

one problem from one person = one topic.

OK, this MHEG conflict issue only seems to occur on BBC channels, and also ITV/ITV HD, which I didn't think had MHEG red button. In settings, If I set OSD OK to F9 and OSD Menu to F10, red button just swaps over to use these keys.

Basically, currently, when BBC (or ITV) red button loads, in 2-3 seconds, the ESC or ENTER no longer work to access OSD OK or OSD Menu.

EDIT- so maybe you need to list in Settings> Input

activate/MHEG (red button) interactive

MHEG (red button) select/OK

and allow these to be separate from Esc/ENTER.

Edited by dvbrewer

MHEG > no change in this version = old behaviour.

If you are on a MHEG channel osd is more or less replaced by the MHEG engine.

That doesn't seem like a good idea, would be better to be an option to easily turn MHEG on or off for each or all channels.

For example, how can I access HbbTV iplayer on a BBC channel, if the red button blocks the OSD? This means I cannot ever access HbbTV iplayer on a BBC channel, which seems stupid.

Edited by dvbrewer

My OSD is also broken after pressing the Red Button for HBBTV.

After closing the HBBTV content no OSD page shows up, DVBViewer doesnt react to any keyboard or Infrared command.

Sometimes even the DVBViewer doesnt react on any command while browsing hbbtv content.

So for me hbbtv is unusable. I have to close DVBViewer everytime i pressed the red Button.

This is annoying.

The OSD is turned of, if something terribly went wrong. Without the support.zip it is impossible to figure out which problem caused this.

@dvbbrewer: i plan to replace the behaviour of the Mheg Engine in a way similar to the one used for HbbTV. The only problem i have here is the lack of testing abilities. To turn the engine off you can deregister the mheg5.dll via regsvr32 /u mheg5.dll.

Every one with a problem should poste a support.zip.

It is easier to locate a problem if you can compare multiple support.zip

I was hoping there are more users with this problem.

And what would be the benefit? More useless postes without helpful informations?

Why is it so hard to post a support.zip in the first place without the need of someone asking for it?

@dvbbrewer: I currently started to port the behaviour into the mheg5 engine (while it is fresh). So far it behaves like the teletext window, if available you can start it via osd main -> mheg-5. It needs some fine tuning, but i'm confident to get it up and running within the next 2 days and it should work in the next update. It is so far not the way intended by those who invented Mheg, but well it runs ok.

The OSD is turned of, if something terribly went wrong. Without the support.zip it is impossible to figure out which problem caused this.

@dvbbrewer: i plan to replace the behaviour of the Mheg Engine in a way similar to the one used for HbbTV. The only problem i have here is the lack of testing abilities. To turn the engine off you can deregister the mheg5.dll via regsvr32 /u mheg5.dll.

Basically on all BBC channels as soon as red button loads OSD, except volume will not work, which means I cannot access HbbTV. Every time I try to access a red button channel via the BBC red button (MHEG) menu, DVBViewer crashes, support zip attached...

EDIT: HbbTV BBC iplayer does work, except from a BBC channel :whistle: ....

support.zip

Edited by dvbrewer

Dose this happen as well if you deregister the mheg5.dll?

If I type regsvr32 /u mheg5.dll into the Run box it says

Module "mheg5.dll" failed to load

do I need to select a path in cmd prompt?

Yes.

OK,it was in DVBViewer folder, have unregistered mheg5.dll and this disables MHEG so now HbbTV can work. Shame about MHEG, but as it is currently it seems like it is not really usable for the UK.

@dvbbrewer: I currently started to port the behaviour into the mheg5 engine (while it is fresh). So far it behaves like the teletext window, if available you can start it via osd main -> mheg-5. It needs some fine tuning, but i'm confident to get it up and running within the next 2 days and it should work in the next update. It is so far not the way intended by those who invented Mheg, but well it runs ok.

Top man. Sorry to be cheeky and ask for more, but a keyboard shortcut would be nice too, then I can program a remote control button.

I'd be really pleased to start using this again.