No live sound

JW01

When I watch any channel live there is no sound (mute is off). When I record a programme and play it back with an external player it plays perfectly with full sound.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Many thanks.

Version 5.1.0

Maybe a suitable audio decoder is missing. What is the broadcasted audio type? MPEG? AC3? AAC? You can see the audio type on the right side of the channel list editor after selecting one of the channels in question.

The audio type is MPEG.

If the codec is missing, can you please tell me its name, where it should be located and where I obtain it?

Many thanks.

(Apologies for the delay. I get an hour a day on the local library internet service)

It's unusual for a Windows machine not to have a MPEG audio decoder installed. Maybe it's not selected, or the problem is with the Renderer.

Enter Settings-Options-DirectX, then the Audio tab-Audio A and drop down the list for MP2 to see what's available. Try something else for the Audio B tab, so you can switch between two (in Settings menu).

Check the Audio Renderer setting as well. The default option should be OK if you can hear audio in other applications.

Forum management recommends users post a "support.zip" file, generated using "supporttool.exe" and placed in the Configuration folder. They assume that all client machines have Internet connection. If you're still having trouble, generate the file and upload it here on your next access. The file will tell us all we need to know about your configuration.