What is wrong?

beecee

My box for this problem is: Athlon 900, Windows 98 SE, 256 MB RAM and so on.

The DVB Receiver is SS2 (the EOL Enter. Boxed)

I have d/l the dvb wiewer 1.96 demo, instaled it and got "Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG2 Filter Audio/Video Ctrl. Interface, error 91000101" message. :)

I think the problem is not the DVBViewer - tv4pc doesn't work either ;)

Nor EOL eqivalent of tv4pc (don't remember the name of it).

In any case the result is black screen (usualy with "Cannot play this program" comment in tv4pc)

I tried Technisat 4.22 drivers and EOL's 4.1. The result is, or rather is not :(, the same.

My question are:

1. Are those EOL boxed cards limited in functions or blocked some way?

2. Is it possibble to receive any TV with this?

3. Will DVBViewer work with EOL shipped SS2?

4. Any idea whats wrong with my one (demaged card or system trouble)? I'm happy Mac & Linux user, don't know much about M$ OSes :)

Thx with advance for any help.

CU

Hi uri.

U mean the part about MPEG codecs?

"A Sky2PCAVSrc.ax file is copied to DVBViewer Demo\Filters. Thereby, DVBViewer operates with the right decoder engine."

Thx very much, but i don't get it :)

But I'll try. I do not know very much about windoze PCs. I assume u suppose "my" DVBViewer tries to use some wrong MPEG decoder? Hm, maybe, the first thing I thougt about was problems with codecs, mainly becasue no video output in tv4pc, EOL tv and DVBViewer, but i generated MPEG2 avi on my Mac, and succesfuly played it on that PC.

Have plan for today:

1. Uninstall 4.2.2 or any curently instaled drivers

2. Uninstal the card from system (from device manager)

3. Reboot :-)

4. Install the SS2 again with 4.2.2 Technisat drivers

Will see.

Guest hackbart

Hmm, the B2C2 Filter uses automatic the DVD Express Codec, Marfi's Renderer does not check this, but works with almost all other decoders. To make sure that he also uses the Mediamatics Filter i add this one before the graph is build. In this case directshow tries to connect the filter, before testing others. This way should work fine, even if the merit of another filter is higher than normal.

The reason for your error is quite simple. You brought an eol card which comes with a special prepared driver. Once installed the card is locked and you have to unlock each time you install a new driver. While using the eon driver package the server4pc asks for a registration, using the good technisat driver it doesnt ask, but it also does not work :) You have to register a reg file (mentioned somewhere in the board) and with the http://localhost:45762/registration.html you proceed the initialization process.

Christian

Thank u hackbart.

I have uninstaled all drivers and instaled the Technisat ones but u said the card is probably locked right now. I'll try to uninstal all the stuff, instal the EOL's original ones (4.1) again and try the link u told me about :-) The card i got is second-hand so I don't know anything about registration :-( but I noticed some codes on the CD with drivers. I'll try.

Anyway I sugest to make a new Topic for unfortunate EOL cards owners ;)

Back to the topic, is there any method of unlocking permanently the f***ed card? Does the registration hackbart mentioned unlocks the device? Or do I need to do some kind of hardware reset (pull out some chip or what :) ). One thing I know right now: I HATE EOL !!! :)

Guest hackbart

it should be possible to do this. There was an old driver 4.01 which only ran under Win98/ME, but this one was ignoring the lock.

By the way if you have problems with the keycode drop me a line..

The authorizationcode is always the same for the card (MAC dependend) and could be simply used to unlock the card each time..

Christian

Funny, on that address (http://localhost:45762/registration.html) I found:

Registration Required

Please register now to activate

your broadband receiver card.

[Register]

and just after depressin' [Register]:

Authorization Failed

Your registration is not complete.

Please try again.

[Register]

and so on, and so on ...

I thought I got it but i didn't :) So I suppose I have a problem with the keycode ;) So i dropped a line here bagging for help, the Christmas is comming and I still have no TV :)

Any help needed, catch me at bc@z.pl

Guest hackbart

1. You need this reg installed:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\B2C2, Inc.]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\B2C2, Inc.\Install]

"ProductName"="Europe Online DVB Services"

"CompanyName"="Europe Online"

"Id"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\B2C2, Inc.\Common]

"ProxyEnable"=dword:00000001

"EnableDataServiceConfig"=dword:00000001

"TransSwitchMsgEnable"=dword:00000001

"SetupExitTuning"=dword:00000001

"ShowEncryptedChannel"=dword:00000000

"BATEnable"=dword:00000001

"StatisticsLog"=dword:00000000

"HelpEnable"=dword:00000001

"DecimalEntry"=dword:00000000

"WebPort"=dword:0000b2c2

"HomePageURL"="http://www.europeonline.com"

"RegistrationURL"="https://secure.europeonline.com/servlets/Activate?card=b2c2&id=%mac%&authreply=%reply%&nav_lang=%lang%&type=1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\B2C2, Inc.\Satellite01]

"LnbPowerSupply"=dword:00000001

"SetLastDataAsInitial"=dword:00000001

2. You type the registration url

3. You fill out the europeoneline stuff (or if this wont work sent me the url - i need the mac for calculation)

4. the card should be work again.

@beecee: I will add a little explanation, because you mentioned that you are not familiar with that M$-stuff. What you have to do to "install the reg" is:

- Copy the whole REGEDIT4 - section from here into a texteditor (notepad).

- Save it under the name WhatYouLike.REG.

- Doubleclick the file icon.

... and Windows will include it in it's registry.

Griga

Thank u very much Griga. I'll try :)

Currently I have 4.01 Technisat drivers instaled and everything exept the audio works fine. Great.

I red something about "inserting" default.reg from EOL's CD first, and then the Technisat 4.2.2 default.reg (EonInside EonBoard Topic I found the info). Ill try it too.

What I'm going to do now is:

1. Unistal the working 4.01 Technisat beta driver.

2. Install the 4.2.2 TS drivers

3. Try the trick I found on EonBoard (linked above)

4. And finaly the way Griga told me about in case of failure at point 3 :-)

Keep fingers crossed and thank u Griga and hackbart very much again.

Keep warm.

The point 3 of prev. post failed :)

So I did what Griga said :)

Now, on the http://localhost:45762/registration.htm I got the same "Registration Required" page, but now after depressin' the [Register] button I'm redirected to the EOL's registration page. Great!

But the problem is my Activationcode and PIN was used already by the previous user of the card (it's second-hand one) and I cannot use them again :(

I found my card MAC Adress is 00-D0-D7-03-26-0F (taken from winipcfg) Will it help someone to help me ;) And the link for registering my card is: https://secure.europeonline.com/servlets/Re...h.htm?authcode= which includes the same MAC :-) but lacks the part after authcode i guess :D

Let me put this that way:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you :-D

I had to "insert" the reg file once more, but it had worked finaly, great!!!

Have some problems with audio (still no sound) and recording, and some german errors on some programs :) but first I'll try to solve it myself :-P

I have one more question, is the formula to calculate the authorizationcode with card MAC top secret, confidental or strategicaly important? I'm asking because I saw at least few persons with the sam problem on some polish dvb focused forums. And I would like to help them. But if it's realy secret for some reason, never mind.

I'd like to thank u once more. U r great, guys, keep warm :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Das ist wahrscheinlich der Thread, den ich besser mal einige Tage früher gefunden hätte. Die Neuinstallation von Windows XP hätte ich mir dann wohl sparen können. <_< Der Titel des Thread ist aber auch nicht gerade sachdienlich...

Können nach dem Entlocken wieder die originalen TechniSat-Treiber verwendet werden oder lediglich die EON-Treiber?

Kann man den Activationcode auch ohne die Registrierung bei EON erhalten? Schließlich habe ich mit denen nichts zu tun. Was sagt eigentlich TechniSat zu dem ganzen Trouble?

BTW: Wer ist denn bei TechniSat zuständig für diese Angelegenheit. Ich bin in Kürze wahrscheinlich in der Umgebung von Wittlich unterwegs. Vor dort aus ist es ja nur einen Katzensprung nach Daun ...

Gruß

snixx!

Guest hackbart

Das Problem ist, dass die EON Treiber in das EEPROM der Karte schreiben und diese somit kastrieren. Auch ein Freischalten hilft nur solange, bis die Karte umgesteckt, oder ein neuer Treiber installiert wurde.

Leider kann es auch passieren, wenn beispielsweise nicht EON Kunden einen EON Treiber in die Hände bekommen, dass die Karte auch dann gelockt wird.

Ein echtes Unlocken ist leider nur mit einem Ausbau der Karte und dem hardwaremäßigen Zurücksetzens des EEProms möglich (Sprich in einen EEPRomer packen und neu beschreiben).

Christian

I'll try to uninstal all the stuff, instal the EOL's original ones (4.1) again and try the link u told me about :-)

Hm, woher bekomme ich denn die Original-EOL-Treiber. Und welches ist die aktuelle Version?

Gruß

snixx!

Ich habe mittlerweile den Treiber »TechniSat SkyStar2 Software 4.2.2 (EON-Karte)« von der Website eonboard.de installiert. Weiß jemand, ob dies der richtige ist um die Karte zu aktivieren?

Hilfreich fand ich den Hinweis (ich weiß nicht mehr ob in diesem Forum oder anderswo), dass der Registry-Patch erst dann funktioniert, wenn die Karte erstmals freigeschaltet wurde.

Aber woher bekomme ich den Aktivierungscode und die PIN her, die bei mir jetzt abgefragt wird?

Gruß

snixx!

An acticvationcode everytime works only with one card! For every card you need a different activationcode. You cant use the code from an other people!