DVBviewer 5.2.7

xtonys

BUG?

Since installing 5.2.7 and recording service 1.26, i noticed programme information has disappeared from both the OSD mini EPG pop-up box and the EPG programme info pop-up.

Wihtin dialoginfo.xml and dialoginfo1.xml, I have been using #EPG.description which has worked fine. Now this is blank.

When I switch skins, I see default OSD shows the programme info, but is using another data reference. Is #EPG.description still available?

Question/Advice

Also i see in the EPG context menu, prebook is available.

- What is the difference between prebook and timer record? On my TV and STB, prebook switches channel when a selected future programme on the EPG starts, instead of recording it.

- What action or ID reference will directly call prebook from a colour button?

Related to actions and IDs, I found this...

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/GUI_SkinCompiler

- Is it still up to date for 5.2.7?

I found the action for instant recording. I can see an action to call up non-OSD new timer record window. What is the action to call OSD Timer Record dialogue box?

- if actions are still the right way to assign buttons to doing something?

I am learning xml and making a new OSD skin - wanted a decent project to work on... ;)

i would upload my setup, but I think these are general questions - can I zip and upload some xml files if I get stuck?

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tjod

There is a timer list available in actions.ini

Is there a list of different OSD screens available?

The OSD I want to action/call directly is where you click red on a programme in EPG and get the options to setup a single recording or repeat it by day.

I noticed when I tried to call the timer list, it didnt appear in front of EPG or dialogueinfo.xml. Is there some additional code required with the action to give it focus or show highest?

I would like to start a community-based thread somewhere so I can develop a front-end with others that know coding better than me (and so I dont keep asking you guys a load of questions!) - is this possible to setup someplace?

Thanks

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Same EPG problems for me. Yesterday I updated DVBViewer from 4.8 to the latest 5.2.7 and the pop-up mini EPG shows the program title and video/audio format but no actual EPG info, and its happening in timeline view. Tried different skins/settings but nothing seems to help so I guess this is a real bug.

(Win 7 fully up to date)

To be honest i can not reproduce it here and i'm quite sure that it is caused by your outdated epg.dat. We changed the format within the last versions while having some code cleaning. Try deleting this file.

Hi

I renamed my epg.dat, ran EPG scan but still the same problem...

Have any of the EPG related data fields changed name or been removed - such as those that OSD skins are calling?

#EPG.description was working before I upgraded to the previous version or this current version - but now does not. I had to re-image my machine in order to restore back to the working version.

Is there a new name for this field? If so, I can easily point my some xml files at the new field.

You tune Astra 28°, right? Do you see the description in the regular epg window? Could you attach your channel.dat and epg.dat to this conversation please? I can not receive any freeview channel here, since i live too far east, so far it seem to be just a local problem. Do you have the huffman.dll in your DVBViewer folder?

I solved this by changing the OSD skin slightly. The EPG programme description is now written into a different property. I can't remember what it was called, I picked it up from DVBViewer Spy. Once I'd got the tag of the variable that the EPG programme is now written to, I could just update the OSD Skin and it all came back.

Ah there we go I just went and checked. It used to be in #EPG.Description, it's now in #EPG.Event. Just change the EPG window in OSD Skinner and it all works fine.

It used to be in #EPG.Description, it's now in #EPG.Event

DVBViewer Pro 5.1 copied #EPG.Event to #EPG.Description if it was empty. DVBViewer Pro 5.2 doesn't do this anymore. Lars has changed it for some reason...

Actually the Freesat EPG only contains #EPG.Event.

If you're looking at Freesat / Freeview EPG, the way RS creates Timer names is annoying, if you could change it I'd appreciate it. It seems to add the #EPG Event to the timer name but the Event is a long description that just clutters up the page.

In the example below, the timer name should really just be Match of the Day, but the RS adds the description to the end, and invariable runs out of space.

btn_edit.gifbtn_delete.gifMatch of the Day - Gary Lineker introduces highlights of seven matche

Timers added through DVBViewer don't do this - the description is not added to the timer name, and it works much better.

Edited by uglyned

I solved this by changing the OSD skin slightly. The EPG programme description is now written into a different property. I can't remember what it was called, I picked it up from DVBViewer Spy. Once I'd got the tag of the variable that the EPG programme is now written to, I could just update the OSD Skin and it all came back.

Ah there we go I just went and checked. It used to be in #EPG.Description, it's now in #EPG.Event. Just change the EPG window in OSD Skinner and it all works fine.

Hi

I will try to get things working again, but the default skin doesnt use any call reference for dialogueinfo.xml or dialogueinfo1.xml..... not sure how it gets the data?

What is DVBViewer Spy?

I am trying to create a new skin... if its a tool, this might help me out..

Tony

You tune Astra 28°, right? Do you see the description in the regular epg window? Could you attach your channel.dat and epg.dat to this conversation please? I can not receive any freeview channel here, since i live too far east, so far it seem to be just a local problem. Do you have the huffman.dll in your DVBViewer folder?

Hi

My new epg.dat is 11mb...

I get the programme information if I click a programme in EPG

Its from miniEPG and clicking yellow or green thats stopped giving programme info.

I see the default skin gives correct information, but there is no field lookup - how does it get data?

Where can I get the supporttool from? since a rebuild its disappeared.

I think someone else asked - would be good if included in the installation package.

Tony

Hi guys

what have I done wrong?

dialogueinfo.xml - called by EPG works with #EPG.event

dialogueinfo1.xml - called by miniEPG doesnt show #EPG.event info

For my experimental skin, both are the same pop-up

they were both working with #EPG.description

thanks

Tony

dialogInfo.xml

dialogInfo1.xml

It was MyEPG.xml that I edited. That's the one that shows the description of programmes from the EPG. Maybe DialogInfo shows info for a recording or file that DVBViewer is playing? I don't remember actually having to change that one.

I'm using a mod I did of the Memo09 skin, it may be different in other skins.

If it's not too big I'll zip it up and post it on here.

Hi

It was MyEPG.xml that I edited. That's the one that shows the description of programmes from the EPG. Maybe DialogInfo shows info for a recording or file that DVBViewer is playing? I don't remember actually having to change that one.

I'm using a mod I did of the Memo09 skin, it may be different in other skins.

If it's not too big I'll zip it up and post it on here.

Hi

edited myepg.xml and mypeg1.xml - both working ok now... thanks

If you can post it that would be great... otherwise maybe use dropbox and stick the link on your next message - if thats allowed?

Tony

If you're looking at Freesat / Freeview EPG, the way RS creates Timer names is annoying, if you could change it I'd appreciate it. It seems to add the #EPG Event to the timer name but the Event is a long description that just clutters up the page.

In the example below, the timer name should really just be Match of the Day, but the RS adds the description to the end, and invariable runs out of space.

btn_edit.gifbtn_delete.gifMatch of the Day - Gary Lineker introduces highlights of seven matche

Timers added through DVBViewer don't do this - the description is not added to the timer name, and it works much better.

If I remember it correct, the reason Lars ignored this Freesat/Freeview EPG issue was because they are using a non-standard EPG format. Sorry to see the Freesat/Freeview EPG, who are very aware of the problem, still haven't done anything about it. I suppose it's a slim chance getting RS adapted to something that is wrong in the first place, so don't get your hopes up. If using an external EPG source and import it with XEPG your issues would be gone.

Do you use http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide perhaps? Do you have an example how the XMLTV file looks like? Also XEPG has an EPG Format Editor, if opening that, which information do you have under StartOfSubtitle? If having drag n dropped anything to StartOfSubtitle make sure to uncheck the "Use Description" box for that information in the "How to display information" window to the right. Save the changes and delete old epg.dat and make a new import.

Edited by majstang

I'm still intending to post that skin I mentioned up here, it's just a bit messy at the moment. The images folder contains a lot of images that it doesn't need so I'm going to clean it up a bit. It's just a mod I did of Memo09, which was a skin I liked the look of. I updated it a bit to my liking, I guess coming from a UK Sky+ box, to make the interface a bit more like that.