Scrambled EPG (UK)

lingfield87

Hi there,

Many of the listings is my EPG (UK, Freesat) appear scrambled. I've attched an example (BBC 1) but they're all very similar.

I've reinstalled from fresh but no luck. Still happening.

I see below that @subminiature had a similar problem which was fixed by a fresh install. Not in my own case, I'm afraid.

I bought this software yesterday because it seems far better at finding the correct channels than any other package I've tried. However, an unreadable EPG renders it pretty useless.

Please help!

post-139948-0-15476100-1377866441_thumb.jpg

Strange. It seems to happen from a certain point on.

Unfortunately you've cut off date and time so I can't really compare it with my results that are ok throughout. In my screenshot I've marked the last entry that is ok in your screenshot.

I've collected the EPG data by switching to BBC 1 London and waiting for approx. 25 minutes (the slow way), and then again by deleting the file epg.dat and switching to Fashion One on 11427 H. On this transponder the whole Freesat EPG is broadcasted within 25 seconds.

Please delete the file epg.dat in the configuration folder (see start menu -> DVBViewer) while DVBViewer is closed. Does it happen again? If yes, in the same way?

Zwischenablage01.png

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I've deleted epg.dat and restarted the program.

I went to Fashion One (I'm sad to say!) and waited. No EPG was downloaded.

Now I have tuned to BBC1 London and I'm waiting to see what happens.

I'll report my results.

Best wishes,

Greg.

PS: In @subminiature's post, it was suggested that the EPG was correct, but the text needed to be "translated", as it were. Hoffman.dll was mentioned. Could this be the problem? I do have that hoffman.dll in my installation folder. The strange thing is that, a couple of months ago, when I installed the demo version, I didn't have this issue.

I went to Fashion One (I'm sad to say!) and waited. No EPG was downloaded.

Receiving the high speed EPG on 11427 h (or 11428, shouldn't matter) requires an entry on Options -> EPG -> SiehFern/MHW (see screenshot). Is it present?

the text needed to be "translated", as it were. Hoffman.dll was mentioned.

Yes, it needs to be decoded resp. uncompressed by using tables that are located in Huffman.dll. However, if this wouldn't work at all you would get no (readable) EPG except the present / following programme.

Zwischenablage01.png