Strange problems with cable UPC Poland (Warszawa)

bjanuszs46

To make a long story short, with Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI and DVBViewer Pro/GE on Windows XP I'm unable to receive all the free channels which I'm able to receive with my TV set, although it was possible several days ago.

I subscribe to UPC cable for years, I used to have 2 analog TVs in different rooms, so I have 2 cable sockets. One is now used for a UPC decoder and a modern TV set, another socket was not used till UPC announced (not long ago) that it offers some free digital channels, now I want to use it to view TV on my computer.

The official tuning instruction is:

Provider: UPC

Network ID (for Warsaw region): 43152

Frequency: 210 MHz

Modulation: 256 QAM

Symbol rate: 6900

After tuning the TV displayes the network name "Warszawa".

When tuning DVBViewer Pro I've selected "Free To Air only" and was quite succesfull. I've got a lot of strange channels like "COD HBO App" but also all the channels officially announced as freely available (the list in an inconvenient form of channel logos is available here: http://aplikacje.upc.pl/kanaly_lista/analog_dodatkowe.php).

For several days all worked OK, but later some channels start loosing video and sound but still preserving EPG information. In the meantime there were several updates of Windows XP - can this be the culprit?

I've just scanned the channels again, got message that some have been updated, but still have the same problem in particular with TVP 1 both SD and HD.

I will appreciate very much your help.

Janusz

Looks like I can now receive only the channels available at 210MHz mentioned in the tuning instruction; for other channels the signal strength is 0% and there is no teletext. However, as I mentioned already, on the TV set I can receive e.g. TVP 1, which seems to be available at 546 MHz.

I can again receive all the free channels although I don't fully understand the reason of my problems. Probably it was scanning with TransEdit which helped, but it is not totally impossible that UPC again changed the broadcast parameters.