Streaming live Tv and IOS 7

Keyser

There are no permanent changes with this tweak and it can be uninstalled as every other tweak. It works fine on my device. Was only a suggestion :original:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also have issues with streaming to iPhone with IOS8.

Streaming a recorded show works fine, but when streaming live TV it stop after 10-15 sec.

I also have issues with live tv iPhone 6 plus ios8.02

Recorded streaming works, live streaming don't start just buffering , after same time just the play button with a mark over no play.

i have the same issue.

In Other german post , are talking about this.

But , at the moment don't exist solution ...

i have iphone 6 with IOS 6.0.2 too.

This program si the best streaming program but, don't works fine in IOS8

Edited by rumave

Today 1.30 released with huge release notes. But there was nothing about iOS. I'm tried it anyway of course.

My iPhone4 with iOS 7 still working but my 3 other iPhones (iPhone 5,6,6+ with 8.02) all fails to streams both live TV and recorded ones :(

It is not a problem of the Recordingservice at all. The issue is caused by Apple and their behaviour with live streams. Technically the recordingservice has to record live streams before they are provided by the web interface. The situation is and will be you select a channel, the service is converting the content on the fly starting after you select the stream and after a short delay the web site provides the stream to the quicktime video object embedded on the frame. The stream is just fine, but the timeout by quicktime causes your issue. You can change this by manipulating the values in the html template, but this will work only till apple decides to change the behaviour again.

Same with iOS 8.1. Just FYI

No! iOS 8.1 and RS 1.30.1.0 are working with LiveTV by me, check it out, please!

Edit: Sorry, iOS 8.1 is not working properly, using LiveTV is like playing lottery, but videos and recordings are working fine...

Edited by MaxB

Same with iOS 8.1. Just FYI

No! iOS 8.1 and RS 1.30.1.0 are working with LiveTV by me, check it out, please!

I didn't notice that 1.30.1 has just released. Updated my server with hope but it failed. and yes I noticed the iOS8 section of release notes.

There's a slight improvement with it though. I can now see the first frame but play button simply doesn't do anything.

Can you please tell me more about your setup? Which iOS device (mine iPhone 6 and 6+) are you using, what is your stream settings?( aspect ratio, bitrate, encoder preset, buffer)

a4u3yve6.jpg

It is not a problem of the Recordingservice at all. The issue is caused by Apple and their behaviour with live streams. Technically the recordingservice has to record live streams before they are provided by the web interface. The situation is and will be you select a channel, the service is converting the content on the fly starting after you select the stream and after a short delay the web site provides the stream to the quicktime video object embedded on the frame. The stream is just fine, but the timeout by quicktime causes your issue. You can change this by manipulating the values in the html template, but this will work only till apple decides to change the behaviour again.

Hi Hackbart

If that is the case, couldn't you work around that by changing the behaviour of the liveTV feature in the web interface?

Example: When i press "stream", i get the second screen that allows me to select quality. Once i selected that couldn't you change what happens when I press start stream? Instead of opening the stream page right away, couldn't you start recording on the server but display a temporary page with a countdown to when it will redirect you to the actual viewing page? That way you could stall launching the quicktime object in my browser until you actually have recorded and buffered enough video on the server to be able to deliver the stream right away.

-Keyser

No, we did this for ios7 but in ios8 it is a bug which we can not "work around". You can use any other browser on IOS8 like Terra and you will see that it runs like intended:

IMG_0276.PNG

And terra does not even use anything else than the internal browser.

PS: Feel free to add something like this in the html page, but i won't change the code just because Apple did something wrong. I'm sure they will fix this sooner or later since the video playback in general is awful. The Youtube App does not run fine, inside embedded video streams it is almost impossible to use the slider, except if you are in full screen mode etc.

• Like 1

...You can use any other browser on IOS8 like Terra and you will see that it runs like intended..

I do not know why I never tried other browsers before. This is kind a embarrassing for me. Now tried it with Chrome and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by denethor

I do not know why I never tried other browsers before. This is kind a embarrassing for me. Now tried it with Chrome and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip.

I Have tried with Chrome , Dohlfin and Atom but it didn t work. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can verify that the new iOS8-version works on my iPAD (iOS 8.1) with Opera web-browser.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=38667

Hello everyone,

I am a DVBViewer and RS user who wants to run live TV in iOS devices. I did't know it was that difficult. I knew there was no app fo iOS but I thought the web interface would be enough to run .m3u in external video player. It's not.

Doing a bit of google I came across this: http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/IPhone/iPod/iPad_Support but I don't know how/where to install/copy the webinterface files. Can anybody help me with a link or something?

By the way, why can't I find that iOS 8 version in the members area? Where did you get it Hansrh?

Thanks in advance!!!!