h265 support

1080jawbreaker

elecard recently releases a h265/HEVC plugin, could DVBViewer support this?

there is a demo channel on astra at 19.2 degrees east

10992H 22000 5/6 QPSK DVB-s2

transedit recognises the h265 video and ac3 audio streams but when scanning into DVBViewer the scan only recognises the audio

thanks

Edited by 1080jawbreaker

Though the stream type in the PMT (0x27) indicates HEVC, the stream does not comply with the H.265 specifications. Nobody knows what it actually is, and no HEVC decoder is able to decode it.

Though the stream type in the PMT (0x27) indicates HEVC, the stream does not comply with the H.265 specifications. Nobody knows what it actually is, and no HEVC decoder is able to decode it.

elecard have release a hevc plugin and standalone player

• 2 weeks later...

TransEdit 3.9.4 now recognises 0x24 HEVC Video. Is there a chance to play with Lentoid HEVC/H.265 Decoder?

http://strongene.com/en/hevc/decoder/download.jsp

On the Hispasat 1E, 30W satellite recently I earned the Spanish package with a channel broadcasting in full 4K.
The broadcasting goes in parallel to H.264 and H.265.
Reception parameters:
30W, 10730V, DVB-S2/8PSK, SR 30000, FEC 3/4.
record of a stream:
Video bitrate H.264 - 35.8 Mbps, H.265 - 18.4 Mbps.
Is there a chance to play with Lentoid HEVC/H.265 Decoder?

I've tried, but unfortunately I can't make it work with the DVBViewer Filter. It's still very experimental, e.g. the video resolution and other parameters have to be hard-coded in the DVBViewer Filter, since it is not yet able to read the HEVC headers. Very complicated, more than H.264.

However, the first steps are made - see TransEdit 4.0.4 Header Info function, which is a good preparation and will facilitate further efforts. Sooner or later it will play...

• 3 weeks later...
LavFilters will soon have hevc decode

The latest nightly builds already have. We succeeded in playing some HEVC samples with the DVBViewer Filter as demultiplexer / splitter and LAV Videodecoder in TransEdit and DVBViewer GE (HEVC capable versions not yet released).

However, it takes tremendous CPU Power to decode HEVC with 4k resolution by software, since there is no DXVA support from graphics cards. It even pushes an i7 quad core to its limits.