MaximumPower

Key to immediately switch to entered channel number

MaximumPower

Sorry, I guess this is a dumb question, but I didn't find a solution so far. I'd like to enter a channel number and then hit a keyboard key to immediately switch to that channel without waiting for the "timeout for channel switch by numbers" (option in "TV + Radio" section). In the "Input" section of the options I didn't find an entry for configuring this key and also just trying several standard keys didn't succeed.

So is there a way to configure a "switch to entered channel number immediately" key?

Thank you very much.

McenterFreak

just press the number you want to watch (corresponding to where the channel is located in the channel list)

Tjod

As far as I know there is no such key. Only channel 0 will be tuned instantly.

McenterFreak

if i press 1 it will tune to first channel, if i press 2 it will tune to second channel etc

Tjod

Yes but if you press 1 the DVBViewer will wait 2 seconds (if you haven't change the setting) for you to enter a second number. And change after this time-out to this channel.

MaximumPower

Thank you. So at least I'm not too dump to find this option. :-)

Can I move this topic into the "feature request" forum folder somehow?

Thanks.

kafel

you may done shortcut on desktop like that: "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" -c:4807

/c:number of Service PID/

pio

well if I press OK button (on my remote) or return key on keyboard immediately after entering 1 digit, I think switch occurs immediately (gaining maybe 1 sec) - but I'm no power-zapper so not much value added there ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.