Preventing htpc from standby when active

SleemR

When using the recording service I have set my timers to put the PC into standby after recording. Is there a way for this to be ignored if the DVBViewer is running at the time? Currently I get a pop up saying the PC is trying to standby with a cancel button, but I would like this to be automatic as long as the viewer is running.

Why not approach it the other way around: do not configure recordings to send the PC into standby. Instead configure the timers to do nothing. Then use the standard Windows power management to send the PC into standby after a specified period.

The recording service in turn has to be configured to stay alive as long as there are active connections. This can be achieved to tick the box for "Block standby/hibernate..." in almost every location. I am saying almost because I believe am not using this tick box for UPnP since it has caused trouble (can't verify at the moment because not @home). See http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Category:DVBViewer_Recording_Service_Options for details.

This works just fine.

Edited by Karl Falz