with a dual tunner tv card.

i have recently encountered the problem of recording

it also happens in 1.2.4 before

with the log files like below

Device: Digital TV (1)

0:46:22 / 0:00:00 (~ 0.00 MB) Start
0:46:22 / 0:00:00 (~ 0.05 MB) Errors: 66
0:46:23 / 0:00:01 (~ 1.24 MB) Errors: 176

there are continous error in every second. The recored TS is laggy and with blocks on the images.

it can't be played as the player will be freezed in a few seconds.

I think the reason was just a moment of unstable signal,

which can be easily resolved by clicking "rebuild graph" when watching liveTV with DVBViewer.

Is there any option that can automatically "rebuild graph" while recording ?

Or at least let me know the recording is with error, i can stop and restart it manually.

It is really frustrated to see a TS with error after you have recorded an two hour tv show.

Edited by NIKKOpooh

> Is there any option that can automatically "rebuild graph" while recording ?

During recording the recording service uses no graph. The graph is only needed for playback. So rebuilding graph makes no sense there and would not help.

If your playback freezes on an recording error, you should try a different video codec or maybe splitter.

I have no such problems, the image recovers by itself after such errors. I use the powerdvd or LAV codecs, both work fine.

Errors in the recording can also be repaired / removed with tools like TS Doctor (www.cypheros.de).

Edited by Sherry

Many people check the signal by their TV, if it is fine there, everything should be okay, BUT TV tuners in Pc's are very often weaker, so TV okay, but recordings in Media Centre not okay. I Know, i have BEEN there!. The last thing i have done, is that my connectors on my sattelite dish has been done by a professional, with a special Tool, where the connectors have been pressed around the cable. Before this was done, the cable sometime fell out of the connector, even if i was very carefull to tighten them. Proffesional cabling/connectors, highly recommended!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have exactly the same error - the recordings fail unless I manually tune into the channel first on DVBViewer, leave it on that channel then schedule a recording. If the recording service has to change channels it fails with corrupt stream

• 2 months later...

Hi

Had exactly the same problem - two EyeTV tuners on a Windows7 laptop, no problem with recording.

Then I bought a ASUS VivoPC to use as recording server, and i got exactly your problem when recording a lot of bit errors when recording.

But now i just found the source of the problem - the WLAN adapter in the PC - when i disabled that every thing works ok. Now i have recorded for 20 minutes without any errors.

• 2 years later...

Wow, that did it for me too. Using an Intel NUC, disabled the Wifi and it runs fine again. Thank you !