DVBViewer as backend for Mediabrowser 3 TV Service?

Firstly I'd like to say, DVBViewer is the best tv software I've used. I ran my motorised satellite dish with it for a number of years without hiccup. My satellite hobby had to come to an end with the birth of my daughter (no time to play!) and the UI of DVBViewer was too complex for the wife so it had to be WMC.

I've kept coming back and having a look at the latest builds (which are great!) but for me (read here the wife) remote functionality is not quite there and the UI could use some love for remote control use....

which leads me to the possibility of using DVBViewer as a backend for the new mediabrowser 3. I'm no developer but i had used mb2 for years which was nice, mb3 surpasses it AND xbmc IMHO.. I haven't used plex so couldn't comment.

i gather the recording service could be used, but what about live tv through another interface would this be possible with DVBViewer?

I've seen a bit of interest from people wanting a tv client with cam/ci support which is a rock solid feature of DVBViewer.

I'd like to try stir up some interest in getting a developer to create a DVBViewer tv client for mb3 would this be acceptable? And if so is it feasible for live tv and guide/epg data to be fed from DVBViewer??

you can find out more about mediabrowser 3 at

http://www.mediabrowser3.com/

development is VERY active, i think personally in a few months they've surpassed what has taken xbmc years. MB3 hand in hand with DVBViewer would be amazing as far as I'm concerned!

• Like 2

as an addition to my initial post the new architecture for mediabrowser 3 is server>client.

There are currently clients in the apple,android,windows phone & windows markets aswell as a roku channel and (hopefully) Samsung & LG tv apps to come. It could create a lot of business for DVBViewer i think....

Which protocols are supported by Mediabrowser? The DVBViewer Recordingservice supports SAT>IP (which is RTSP) and UPNP.

+1 for this.

Media Browser 3 has tremendous potential. Looks like it could overthrow everything else. I've been using for quite some time now and just love it.

Having DVBViewer on-board as a TV back-end would be awesome!

• Like 1

hi, just registered to add some support for Milly. I am currently a dvblink user for around 5 years using WMC as a client. However i've always used MediaBrowser as my library manager. MB2 was great but MB3 has taken everything to a new level. There isn't any other software out there at the moment that can touch MB3 in terms of flexibility, clean and simple design, it is well supported by a number of plugins and as Milly says they are now bringing live tv to the server and most clients. They just need good people to work with, which is why i am considering moving from dvblink :D . I am happy to move to DVBViewer if there is a tie up with mb3, currently i'm limited to dvblink as it decrypts UK Sky channels for me using a dreambox and [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ].

cheers

The Linux and OS X servers are now live with MONO...

Live TV is also live with ServerWMC backend (copy freely only)

Maybe you guys could take a look see how great this could be with DVBViewer serving TV

DVBViewer Recording Service supports SAT->IP Protocoll.

So there is no need to implement anything for Recording Service.

Just implement SAT->IP for MediaBrowser and it will be compatible with a lot of other software/hardware

Edited by VinoRosso

If MB3 supports SAT->IP then conenction to DVBViewer Recording Service as TV backend should work out of the box.

I dont see any need to develop a plugin? Either I or you dont understand the problem ;-)

In easy words:

SAT->IP is a standard interface to get TV Signal over Network Conenction.

Recording Service gets the TV Signal and provides it over ethernet. It can be accessed via the SAT->IP Protocoll from every newtwork capable SAT->IP client

@vinorosso am i right in saying you are the DVBViewer android app? Maybe you could look at making the plugin?? If you look at the mb3 android app I'm sure you'll be impressed. Could be the perfect complement to your android phone/tablet...

the mb3 plugins can be paid add-ons so you could monetize it too!!

What VinoRosso tries to tell you: Don't ask for a special DVBViewer/Recording Service plugin for Mediabrowser 3.

Instead ask the Mediabrowser 3 developer to add SAT>IP support. Or find a some one how builds a SAT>IP plugin for Mediabrowser 3.

(Mostly the Mediabrowser 3 community is the better place to find someone)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sat-IP

• 1 month later...

@Tjod

Forgive my ignorance but if I can get a dev from the MB3 forum to create a SAT>IP plugin would LIVE TV be possible not just recordings?

thanks in advance..

Lee

P.S. I stayed away a while as it seemed I was irritating people, which was NOT my intention!

• 8 months later...

Majstang

thanks!

wish i could do this myself! DVBViewer multiroom rokus via mb3 ? Yes please!!!

This is the solution i pray for! :D

Hope something would be possible in that way!

Greetz Stealth

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...