Bug in HbbTV/MHEG 5 plug-in (Exception EAssertionFailed in module VODS

mautilus

Hi,

There is probably a bug in the HbbTV/MHEG 5 plug-in.

I am using Windows 7 64bit and the USB device Aver TV Volar HD Nano. The DVBViewer and HbbTV works fine until the very moment, when I select in the HbbTV application video for streaming (i.e. progressive download). In such a case application shows an error "Exception EAssertionFailed in module VODSource.ax at 0002507F".

I would like to help you to fix the bug, so if I can make logs/traces and provide those to you, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

STeN

Hi,

some OSD - Skins like "BluFuzz" use the SkinHelperMR.dll.

At the beginning of the year the programmer found a bug in the DLL.

You can try the modified DLL.

Regards

Christian

Edited by janee

Hi,

some OSD - Skins like "BluFuzz" use the SkinHelperMR.dll.

At the beginning of the year the programmer found a bug in the DLL.

You can try the modified DLL.

Regards

Christian

Hi,

I have not "SkinHelperMR.dll" in "c:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer", so there is nothing to replace :shocked:

Do I understand your advice correctly?

BR

STeN

Hi,

ich nutze auch das HBB/MHEG5 Plugin mit Windows 7 und 64bit. Der DVBViewer und HBB laufen super bis zu dem Moment an dem ich ein Video aufrufen will. Dann gibt der DVBViewer die Meldung heraus das etwas nicht stimmt und der DVBViewer nicht richtig funktioniert und beendet werden musss. (Nicht immer, aber ziemlich häufgig)

Hilfe ! ??

I do not speak German, but with use of the Google Translator I think you have the same problam I have.

I am open to help if there is any change the plugin author will react...

BR

STeN

Without the debug.log i can not really help you. To create a log you have to start the DVBViewer with parameter -debug. After starting a hbbtv stream a log with more informations is created. Keep also in mind not every error message is caused by the application and/or plugin. My guess is either a faulty mp4 file or more likely a problem caused by the splitter filter.

The SkinHelper isn't a realy Help. I think the error is in the system direkt.

I hope that the HBB plugin works fine in the next version. In direct-x i dont can find a error. thometimes it works but mostly not.

Edited by nordstern70

Without the debug.log i can not really help you. To create a log you have to start the DVBViewer with parameter -debug. After starting a HbbTV stream a log with more informations is created. Keep also in mind not every error message is caused by the application and/or plugin. My guess is either a faulty mp4 file or more likely a problem caused by the splitter filter.

Hello,

Thank you for your comments.

• Attached are 3 log files from different applications: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qh15f0cc5vjo5a9/DVBViewer_logs.zip
  • I think .mp4 files are correct - they work on all HbbTV test devices we have + I have checked also 3 mp4 files from logs, where the plugin crashed and they can be played correctly in e.g. VLC

If I can help more let me know please.

BR

STeN

Good thing is, it runs fine here and i tested czech HbbTV quite early last year.

panorama.jpg

​The mp4 streams also run without any problem so my guess is the reason for your crash might be the Lav splitter which is the last entry in the log before everything stops working:

18.01.14 08:00:26.848 TStreamingRendererLoadFromFile Found Preset Splitter: {171252A0-8820-4AFE-9DF8-5C92B2D66B04}

Did you installed the latest lav filters?

You might try to deregister our vodsource.ax filter via regsvr32 in this case the lav source filter will be used. I'm not sure if this one runs fine with the mp4 files since several server require a proper hbbtv compliant user-agent to offer the streams.

>>Did you installed the latest lav filters?

Thanks for the advice. This was the problem. I downloaded latest LAV filters (0.60.1) and since that it works without any problem.

Thanks a lot

Regards,

STeN

Edited by mautilus