Astra 19.2 H265 test chanel... How to get it?

trifon33

Hello,

Both version of DVBViewer and Lavfilter are compatible with HEVC(H265) codec.

With 0192.ini downloaded froms KingOf Sat, the TP 10993.75 H is scanned.

But there is no trace from it in the chanel list by frequencies..

I'd like to perform some tests with this new codec...

How to get it???

THanks a lot..

But 10994 did not appear in the frequency list..I mean not through transedit.

I'll try to change it in 10994 as KingOfSat 0192.ini mentionned 10992...

I don't undeststand your answrer anyway as DVBViwer support H265 codec now and Lavfilter too...

Edited by trifon33

you can add the frequency and perform a scan or add the service in the editor with the values you see in my screen shot.

Wether you understand it or not, the screen will stay black ;)

..where is the relation to the astra 19E test stream?

Oh, I thought it was given in the qoute. Sorry! Dont know much about the astra 19 test stream or how far the H.265 developers come in the making of a functional encoder to do broadcasting with. Functional decoders are quite useless without a functional encoder.

Hello,

I have tested to scan wih 10994 H..

Everything looks OK..

Sound OK, chanel property reports HEVC... correct bitrate is repôrted too up to roughtly 15mbts..

As mentionned above, no picture, there must be in the stream something spécial not compatioble with DVBViewer yet..

it was just for fun anyway...

Hope this can be fixed in next DVBViewer issue.. As there is no hardware support for HEVC yet, included new ATI R7/R9; it would be interesting to make some test to now weither the CPU is OK or not..

Best regards

Edited by trifon33

Hope this can be fixed in next DVBViewer issue.. As there is no hardware support for HEVC yet, included new ATI R7/R9; it would be interesting to make some test to now weither the CPU is OK or not..

There is no dvbv issue but a proprietary astra stream. If you want to check the performance of your system, you could tune to Eutelsat W2A at 10.0°E, 11429V, 30000, DVB-S2, 8PSK, 5/6.

It's a 4K HEVC stream (no audio).

OK.. thanks...

Not obvious for me to test....unless I buy multifocus system...

By the way, did you test the bitrate?????

What was the CPU to get it???

Edited by trifon33

for download, if someone is interested

eutelsatw11149jtcsifexz_thumb.jpg eutelsatw1114ahg845yp7n_thumb.jpg

Eutelsat W1 11429 V - 4k Test Sample - 2014-01-26_17-10-27_cut.ts_thumbs.jpg

Video			: HEVC 3840x2160 60fps

File size : 132 MiB

Duration : 53s 469ms

Overall bit rate mode : Variable

Overall bit rate : 20.5 Mbps

UL Eutelsat W1 11429 V - 4k Test Sample - 2014-01-26_17-10-27_cut.ts

ZS Eutelsat W1 11429 V - 4k Test Sample - 2014-01-26_17-10-27_cut.ts

playback in DVBViewer GE on Windows XP with Intel Q6600 at 2,4 GHz, look at the frame rate ;)

Video Decoder was LAV 0.59.1

Eutelsat W1 11429 V - 4k Test Sample - 2014-01-26_17-10-27_cut_speed.jpg.png

same video, other pc :D

quick and dirty build, no DVBViewer installed yet, only MPC

playback in MPC-HC.1.7.2.x64 on Windows 8.1 64bit with Intel i7 4770 at 3,4 GHz, look at the frame rate :lol:
Video Decoder was LAV 0.60.1.5

post-13712-0-91582100-1390946640_thumb.png

Big Congratulations @hdv for your new PC and to your choice going with the Core i7, now you know what I meant if you want something really faster than your good "old" Q6600 take the i7. You can imagine that the Core i5 would not be enough for something like that. :-)

I would appreciate if you try SVP and go with the hightest profile settings and tell us about the fluidity and hopefully mostly Artefact-free image with a 1080 Stream.

@all: Sorry for beeing a bit offtopic, but these samples show you all UHD resolution in H.265 needs very much computing power without functional decoders in HW these days.

Therefore it is imaginable that the providers do not have a real time Encoder for now to send a live DVB Stream in H.265.

Edited by azeman
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry to say that the website for downloading the test sample is all craps... an ordeal realy...

Is there something better??

Thanks in advance...

By the way, I observe in the stream properties this is direct US footage progressive... No conversion in

europrean 50Hz...

Edited by trifon33
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the sample, hdv, very impressive. I see what you mean about needing a lot of power to decode it, I have an i5-4670K running at 4GHz and it only just manages to display it with only a couple of short pauses. Do the extra HT "cores" in the i7 help to decode it completely smoothly?

Edited by SimonP

yes very smooth, no dropouts or so.

I'm happy to take the i7 4770. i have build a new pc and first i would use the i5 4670. But now i know it would be a fault.

for this bitrate i think the i7 4770 is fast enough. I use the build in Intel HD4600.

Interesting. I didn't think that in practice the i7 would be significantly faster than the i5 so that's good to know. Too expensive for my wallet though.

i hate that stupid uploaded.net. For future, use zippyshare, its the fastest upload site ever, and no waiting time, at least for smaller files.

amd fx8350 power:)

post-82931-0-32273900-1394707736_thumb.jpg

post-82931-0-90214800-1394708422_thumb.jpg

Edited by bogdan1980

Guys, don´t you think it would be better to wait "a little bit" until the broadcasters settle for a standard encoder model? Then hopefully the video card manufacturers will release chips that accelerate the decoding... It will take some time, but I do not see the point in maxing out a core i7 and not even getting a proper frame rate.

There is that, but it's fun to "push the envelope" a bit and play with brand new technology, even if the hardware isn't ready for it. Sure, you wouldn't want to watch a movie with an i7 maxed out and I don't suppose any of us has a 4K screen so it's just a case of being interested in what is around the corner. It's called being a geek. :)

Edited by SimonP

I'm totally with you on experimenting and being a geek. But at the moment with 4K I'm missing the sense of achievement, starting with the fact that I cannot tune any channel on astra 19,2E

But at the moment with 4K I'm missing the sense of achievement, starting with the fact that I cannot tune any channel on astra 19,2E

The samples are not from 19E ;)

I know, I know. :original:

I just wish I had a 4K channel on my sat, so I can fry eggs on top of my i7 and get motion sickness by just looking at the screen.