TransEdit Problem

I can not update channels

Because the refresh button is inactive

TransEdit exe is in the folder of DVBViewer

But it works with previous versions

I have the same when running TransEdit 4.x, because it's run from a separate directory. The version in DVBViewer program directory is likely 3.x, downloaded with the main program.

• 1 month later...

Problems With TechniSat S2 in DVBViewer Pro, TranEdit

O/S: Win 7 x64
DVBV Pro v5.2.9.0
TransEdit v3.9.4.0
TechniSat SkyStar S2 (WDM drivers v4.6.999)

I am a Siver Surfer (61 year old Manufacturing Project Engineer). I have an on-going problem with DVBViewer Pro, TransEdit. Hoping to find a solution to my problem, I have read all of the manuals (help files) from the first word to the very last. I have read every single posting in this Forum about the very same problem I am experiencing. Nobody appears to be addressing or producing a solution to the problem.
My problem is this... Every time I start TransEdit..... the "Positioner" is greyed out. It is 100% not available :-(
All of the answers to postings on this Forum keep saying the the same thing... have you read the manual?.... have you checked this, that and the very obvious?
These responses from the developers and supporters are not addressing or fixing the problem.
In respect of the 64 bit architecture, we are all fully aware of Microsoft's failure to address the BDA interface issues. We are also all fully aware that TechniSat drivers have been designed to protect their boards from overloading/shorting/burning out because of the demands placed on them by motors which drive satellite dishes.
In my case, the Microsoft issue is irrelevant. The SkyStar S2 drivers I currently have installed are the very latest TechniSat v4.6.999 WDM drivers.... they are not BDA drivers.
The answers I have read in this forum to the many postings about the "Positioner Greyed Out" problem do not come even close to actually "addressing and fixing this well documented problem".
Reading manuals etc are NOT the answer paying customers want to hear. We can all read manuals until the day we die but it doesn't "physically fix the problem".

Two days ago I downloaded a 100% freeware program called SmartDVB. My jaw dropped when I discovered that the USALS/DiSEqC positioner/controller in this software works 100% perfectly and without any problems on my SkyStar S2 card with 64 bit drivers. Once everything was set up and all of my "Favourite" programs had been saved, my satellite dish moves immediately to every single channel I tell it to go to. That is not the case with DVBViewer Pro or TransEdit. My SkyStar S2 card is not correctly recognised in either DVBVP Pro or TransEdit.

So... my question is this..... how is it possible that the lone developer of a freeware DVB program which is still in a developmental/freeware stage (v0.35) has managed to address and fix the MicroSoft/TechniSat BDA/WDM issues/problems but the developers of DVBViewer Pro payware and all of the supporters in this Forum have not been able to address or fix?
Not only has the developer of SmartDVB fixed all of the known MicroSoft/TechniSat issues but he has even provided further improvements such as...
1) Optimise DiSEqC for SkyStar 2 Technisat SDK.
2) Try to force 18v before positioner change (useful for some cards like SkyStar 2 but do not use this if not required).

To prove the point even further, I purchased a copy of Fast SatFinder to investigate if the USALS/DiSEqC posioner worked in that software. Guess what.... it works 100% perfectly.

The DiSEqC/USALS positioner for Technisat SkyStar S2 with Windows 7 x64 drivers has clearly been fixed and proven to be working 100% perfectly in SmartDVB, Fast SatFinder and other softwares.
When can we, as paying customers who purchased DVBViewer Pro, expect to see the same solutions being implemented?

As I stated at the begining of this posting, I am a well qualified, 61 year old Project Engineer. If 10 people came to my office every week, reporting the same problem with some of the machinery we were installing.... the last thing I would do is tell them to go away and read the manuals again. I would investigate why so many people were reporting the same problem, collect the necessary data and implement a fix to resolve the issue. I hope the same happens here.

Thanks for your reply Derrick but those postings are only causing more confusion. A straight answer to the problem would be VERY gratefully appreciated so can you please tell me....

1) Are you saying that my SkyStar S2 PCI is totally unusable with DVBVP and TransEdit because of the DiSeqC 1.0/1.1/1.2 issue?

2) Can I continue using it but only if I install the SS2DiSeqC plugin (and then potentially risk burning the card)?

3) Do I need to scrap my current SkyStar S2 PCI card and buy a Skystar S2 USB instead?

4) Do I get rid of my SkyStar S2 PCI completely and buy a totally different card?

Background to my problem....

I have been using DVBVP for the past 2 years. My dish was a fixed/static 60cm. The original PCI tuner card was an eBay clone but I replaced it last year with the SkyStar S2. Everything worked perfectly for static reception of UK FreeSat.

Two weeks ago I decided to buy a 1.2m dish and motorise it. As you can see from my previous posting, I have had nothing but problems ever since. I've been running around in circles and spending endless hours on the Internet trying to find a solution (which annoyed my partner intensly) but everybody is providing conflicting information. Please help by providing the correct solution to the problem. Many thanks.

Your card is only certified by the manufacturer for diseqc 1.0 that's why the positioner is greyed out. I can't help you. If you find a solution, it's at your own risk.

Because there is no problem with transedit, I've moved the topic to DVB Hardware.

Many thanks for your help Derrick :original:

I will now buy a new PCI card.

For DVBVP and TransEdit, should I buy a card which supports DiSeqC 1.1 or will 1.2 be OK?

I took a good long look at the Technisat website. It does not say one single word anywhere that SkyStar S2 PCI cards only support DiSeqC 1.0 and are not suitable for driving dish motors. Very dishonest of them to hide that fact :glare:

• 2 months later...

Hi masters,

Transedit 4.0.7 there is little problem.

I choosing scan the channels. But I can not export to DVBViewer ?

The same process; Transedit is done seamlessly with 4.0.0.

Regards.

No. Standard installation.

These way ; C:\Program Files(x86)\DVBViewer

With "Transedit 4.0.0" exporting is done.

But, 4.0.6 and 4.0.7 not exported.

Regards.

Well, I'm quite sure there must be something special, because I can't reproduce it under various circumstances, and it's not a common problem. Usually TransEdit can't export if there is no DVBViewer resp. no valid channels.dat file or no path leading to it.

So ATM I don't know what to look for. Anyhow, sooner or later it will turn out :)

4.0.6 and 4.0.7 can be done with the export, the problem must be local.

Come with setup, I'm cleaning channel.dat files. Always.

Because; I am using satellites, by myself edit.

Thank you again for your interest.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Only the current versions are in the member area.

TransEdit 3.9.5 and TransEdit Beta 4.0.7

Where can I find TransEdit 4.0.6.3 ?

Edited by azimli

TransEdit 4.0.6.3 is not a Version number of a official Version. Most likely that was a limited version to test a fix for one hardware.

And there is no way for you to get it.

If you tell us why you think you need this special version, we may be will find a solution.

"TransEdit 3.9.5" and also can be exported. But I want to export in the last version. ( 4.0.7 )

This is an issue caused by special conditions that are not yet clarified, because I can't reproduce it. It should not happen with a regular DVBViewer installation. Will be investigated...

This is an issue caused by special conditions that are not yet clarified, because I can't reproduce it. It should not happen with a regular DVBViewer installation. Will be investigated...

Thanks. I'll wait

You are using old versions.

Pleas install the current DVBViewer Pro

And install this TransEdit version.

And then start the DVBViewer via start menu > programs > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode) and open TransEdit while the DVBViewer is ruing. Run a chennel scan and than try Add/Update in TransEdit.

Stop DVBViewer and TransEdit and generate and post a new support.zip

You are using old versions.

Pleas install the current DVBViewer Pro

And install this TransEdit version.

And then start the DVBViewer via start menu > programs > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode) and open TransEdit while the DVBViewer is ruing. Run a chennel scan and than try Add/Update in TransEdit.

Stop DVBViewer and TransEdit and generate and post a new support.zip

Dear @Tjod,

Support.zip you want, logs are attached again.

Regards.

new support.zip

Edited by azimli