Updating server from the client

lujo

Is it possible to add button so that Client pc can update alle channels data on the server with one cclick on the button "Update channels on server"?

At this moment I have understood that I need to move channels.dat and favorites.xml file to the server (Configuration folder of Recording service).

At this moment I have understood that I need to move channels.dat and favorites.xml file to the server (Configuration folder of Recording service).

yes, best is:

first stop the RecordingService

then copy/move the channels.dat/favorties.xml (but RecordingService not use the Favorites)

start the RecordingService again

updating directly ist not possible now

Is it possible to add button so that Client pc can update alle channels data on the server with one cclick on the button "Update channels on server"?

I am manageing it the opposite way. I maintain the channels and favorite on the server, with DVBViewer on the server. On the clients i use a batch file to copy channels and favorites to the client, then starts DVBViewer. To use this code, you need to modify to macth your folder and server name

Batch file:

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq DVBViewer.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "DVBViewer.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto running

goto notrunning

:running

rem Program is running, kill it

Taskkill /IM DVBViewer.exe /F

goto copyfiles

:notrunning

rem Program is NOT running

:copyfiles

Rem TAKE CARE! The files will be overwritten without a prompt. If you want to have a prompt, remove /Y

xcopy \\Server\c\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\channels.dat C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer /Y

xcopy \\Server\c\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\favourites.xml C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer /Y

rem start DVBViewer

"C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe"

I am manageing it the opposite way. I maintain the channels and favorite on the server, with DVBViewer on the server. On the clients i use a batch file to copy channels and favorites to the client, then starts DVBViewer. To use this code, you need to modify to macth your folder and server name

Why dont you just use the option to download the channels and favorites from the server in the client settings?

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Recording_Service