Canal Digital - Terratec S7 - Strong CI - DVB-S

fantastisk

Hi all,

I wanted to make my current media center able to receive dvb-s. I haven't got the possibility to expand using pci slots so i had to go with an USB solution.

I read a couple of forums and came to the conclusion that the terratec s7 (usb tuner + CI) and the Strong (CAM) should work with my provider (Canal Digital).

i can't seem to get this to work. DVBViewer seems to find all the channels, but they are all encrypted. I get a message on my screen stating this "No access. If you are subscribing to this chanel wait until the card has been updated. This can take up to 2 hours. Do not change the channel in the meantime". So i waited and waited. Nothing happened. I had it running over night and all the channels is still encrypted this morning.

I was wondering if anybody else had the same problem or has a working setup using usb and canal digital?

Any help is very much appreciated.

-Fantastisk

Then i think it's a pairing problem. Canal Digital in Denmark operates with two kind of Cards, pairing Cards and non pairing Cards. Try to ask them send you a non pairing Card. They are not always willing to do so. They did for me, but i think it was because i had one very old Card that didn't work anymore