DVBViewer + Windows Server 2008 R2

Hello,

is there any limitation on use DVBViewer on Windows Server 2008 R2 (terminal server) ? Why I ask. I cant make it work. DVBViewer dont see the usb tuner (Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI - usb). Drivers are installed properly and the tuner is visible in device manager without exclamation mark.

Any idea why DVBViewer dont see the tuner?

EDIT: tested with DVBViewer Pro v5.2.9 and v5.3.0 and also with TE edition. Noone work :/

Thanks

post-141477-0-32229600-1398767007_thumb.png

Edited by mch

Windows Server 2008 doesn't contain the underlying BDA framework that is necessary for applications to connect to BDA drivers. Microsoft is convinced that people running a server don't want / need it.

No go without it... you need to find the missing files somewhere and add them to your Windows installation. Search the web for "Windows Server 2008" and "BDA".

Good point, thanks!

I have found one blog about this problem : http://marcowuen.wordpress.com/2012/08/13/howto-add-bda-hardware-support-to-windows-server-2008-r2/

I did everything as mentioned on the blog. I moved further but still not able scan channels with the tunner. Good news is that I see the tuner in DVBViewer, unfortunatelly not in Channel Scan.

Any idea?

post-141477-0-68427300-1398774375_thumb.png

post-141477-0-08783000-1398774376_thumb.png