Stuttering HD channels on DVBViewer 5.3.0

AlexGml

I recently updated DVBViewer 5.0.0 to 5.3.0 and got problem with HD channels. After several seconds of watching, many HD channels become stuttering. I didn't have such problem with DVBViewer 5.0.0. And after downgrade back to 5.0.0 all channels are fine. Also, i noticed that CPU load with 5.3.0 is much higher than with 5.0.0. is it expected?

Thank You for any help.

support.zip

• Like 1

Why oh why do you have so many codecs installed?

0. Reinstall your video drivers. Reinstall the LAV Video codecs freshly downloaded from the doom9 site.

1. Set-up the LAV-Video codec for all your video formats in the DirectX options

2. In the LAV-Video configuration set-up the hardware acceleration to "DXVA (native)"

Not sure if this will help but i was getting Stuttering on my setup and the way i fix it was to turn off VSync by Aero in DirectX settings

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You for help, however still no improvements. Here are some additional observations:

1) DVBViewer 5.0 does not have such issue. This problem happens with 5.3.0 ans 5.3.1

2) Stuttering happens with video and audio

3) Immediately after switching to the channel, all works fine. At that moment CPU usage is less tan 5% (of total 4 cores). Then CPU load grows and in 10-15 seconds DVBViewer takes 25% of CPU (i.e. it fully loads single core). At that moment video and audio become stuttering. After several seconds of such glitches, something happens and DVBViewer resets to its normal state: it show channel smoothly. Then problem happens again and again.

4) I attempted to stop video (using commands View menu), and i noticed following: even if video was stopped, problem with audio stuttering still was happened: one moment it was smooth, then it became stuttering. The same with CPU load: initially it's low, and sound is fine, then it grows and sound become stuttering.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey! Is anybody here?

Where is the f*king support??

I have exactly the same problem and I stil HAVE to use 5.0 version to watch HD channels.

But I want to use the latest version because of Recording Service.

I have exactly the same problem

so why should I attach "support.zip", it won't change anything.

My manners dictated that case is still opened - last version working with HD channels with no problem is 5.1.0 dated a year ago. So I'm a little ...disappointed, you know...
  • 1 year later...

There is no known problem with H.264/HD channels.

Therefore your problem is caused by special circumstance on your PC.

And without a lot more informations on your site. Nobody is able to help you fix your configuration or detect what causes the problem.

You should start with posting a support.zip and then we can see if this shows the reason or if you need to provide additional informations or perform tests on your system.