Hello everybody. I have already posted this topic on the forum some months ago, in the "Hardware" section. But I did not receive any satisfactory answer. I was expecting version 5.3 of DVBViewer before posting again. Unfortunately, the current version did not fix the problem below.

I am using DVBViewer Pro (as a registered user) with a TBS USB device for DVB-C and DVB-T. It works fine, there is no problem. There is none of the issues mentioned below.

But I use it too for DVB-S with the new Terratec Cinergy S2 Stick HD. And, even though I can watch and record satellite TV and radio programmes, there are serious issues with this device.

First, when I close DVBViewer (with the Cinergy stick plugged), something remains active in the task manager and I cannot relaunch it unless I restart the computer.

Second, when DVBViewer Pro is programmed so as to shut down the PC at the end of a recording, it crashes instead.

Third, when I try to make a scan for new channels, it crashes (so there are some satellites I cannot tune).

I think something is wrong between hardware and software.

Can you please help me to solve this issue? I am unsure it is a Codec problem. Maybe a software or driver update would be necessary to make the Cinergy S2 Stick HD fully compatible? I am very happy with the functionalities of DVBViewer Pro and I want to keep using it for DVB-C and DVB-T as well as for DVB-S.

Thank you for your help.

I think something is wrong between hardware and software.

I agree, and it's name is "driver" ;) : all simptoms you complain about point to it...

To dig more:

1) update (if possible) the Cinergy driver

2) instead of restart the computer try to "disable" and re-"enable" the Cinergy stick from Windows Device Manager

3) use Transedit to scan sat channels

4) please post a "support.zip" (how to here)

:bye:

Edited by Gioxy

Hello.

Thank you for replying.

1) There is no update of the Cinergy driver available.

2) After disabling the Cinergy stick, the computer asks to be restarted. So it is of no avail.

3) OK.

4) Hereattached a support zip. support.zip

Thank you in advance for your help.

PS : I also use an AverMedia TNT stick with DVBViewer. It works fine; no such problems with it.