skystar 2 "Out of Lock"

sesaban

Hi

I have a Skystar 2 PCI card from a shop (not from an satellite internet provider) and it is installed properly, but I can't see any TV channels using DVBviewr (found in the included CD-ROM) or any other DVB programs (e.g. progdvb). The icon of Setup4PC program in the tool bar is always red.

Using the setup4pc program and then clicking on status, I got the following:

Network: acquiring... then it says No information

Signal quality: 0% Out of Lock

(I don't know what it does mean by Out of Lock!!)

I'm sure that the dish is aligned correctly and that the LNB and the cable are O.K. (I can see T.V channels using the digital receivers), and that the card is installed in my PC correctly and the drivers are installed correctly.

I have only one LNB that is connected directly to the Skystar 2 card (i.e. no DiSEqC or splitters)

These are my PC specifications:

Pentium 4 (1.6 GHz)

512 Mb RAM

40 GB H.D (free 12 G.;)

3D VGA card (32 MB)

U.S Robotics PCI network card

Skystar 2 PCI card

Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2

Here are the details of the skystar 2 card (obtained from the card itself)

P/N: 92105-20003

REV: 2.6 C

S/N: 2105442806712

MAC: OODOD709CF20

I'm waiting your kindeful reply as soon as possible.

Regards,

sesaban

Hi I am also new to this and I have the exact same problem. Just that I have DiSEqC on my dish with 4 headers so I can aim at 4 different satellites.

SO I also have this red status bar and before I should even try with DVBViewer or any other programs I should have this status to green, right?

I have also a digital receiver and it works fine so there is no issue about the dish being wrongly angled. I am aiming at these following sats:

Astra 19.2 ; Sirius 5ºE ; Thor 1ºW; Hotbird 13ºE

So i simply plug in the cable to the card and try one of the default sat settings like the Astra 19.2 but I just simply won´t get any signal.

I´ve got a following cd and I have isntalled what is needed to be installed.

I have browsed around alot on the web and found only 2 different guys which have the same problem as mine but they haven´t got any real answers.

so please.. some help would be appreciated

I´m sorrym can you be a bit specific for once... we might have been finished already, hehe

I just can´t see any solution to why I won´t recieve any signals at all from any of the satellite presets. The card should work, and the installation likewise.

well...

first I am calm, hehe and I have search on this forum like I have across the web.

My computer specs are of no issue in this matter, I am using XP like most of us,If I would use a macintosh then I would ofcourse mention this.

Also not important is what version of DVDviewer I am using or any other software and the installation I used with the card is working as it is cus I got the following CD along with it.

The card is a Sky Star 2 a pretty recent bought card and about the same as the person who started this thread.

The Manual doesn´t seem to do me any good since it seems to only involve the different softwares, especially DVBViewer

Attaching an .ini file or a .log file has no matter in this case also since it is about the card recievingno signal.

I have mentioned that my Dish is working well with the digital reciever and it has DiSEqC with 4 headers.

So what more information should I provide?

• 1 month later...
Thats right, Technisat is responsible for support of the DVBViewer TE (technisat edition).

Or give us the needed infos and will will try to help you :radscorpion:

Hi all I ve got exactly 0% problem. What did you guys do to resolve this problem

Regards

Chib

Guest Lars_MQ

Put the cable into the card?

Maybe a channelscan, maybe your card is broken or you use a card for cable with satellite or or ...

I can continue guessing the whole time on or you give us some more informations and we can help with some real answers :radscorpion:

Put the cable into the card?

Maybe a channelscan, maybe your card is broken or you use a card for cable with satellite or or ...

I can continue guessing the whole time on or you give us some more informations and we can help with some real answers :radscorpion:

I mean I have exactly ths same out of Lock issue. Here is more information.

recently bought a Skystar 2 PCI card Rev 2.6C and set it up with an 80cm dish / Invacom 0.3dB LNB to point to 1W Thor.

The Skystar card is setup using DVBViewer TE edition on the installation CD.

Setup4PC always shows 0% “Signal out of Lock” despite my satellite finder picking up some signal. Browsing through the internet I have come across a few people that have exactly the same issue.

I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers (4.3) from your website and still get the same error.

Is this a known issue? Could you please point me in the right direction ? Thanks for your help in advance

My PC meets the minimum requirements for using the card

Hope this helps ! Chib

Wouw your post need my whole screen and this only for such few text grrrrrr

Since driver 4.28 never exist a lock !!! You must habe an other problem

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same "out of lock" and "no signal" problem too.

My card is Airstar 2. I've tried to install it to two different computers (nforce2 and kt333 motherboards). Both have WinXP SP2.

I've tried also with the original drivers and software on the cd and from Technisat support pages - no difference.

DVBViewer is set to terrestial (eur) but channel scanning doesn't find any channels :bounce:

An AirStar is alway "out of lock" or in "No Signal" after the startup of Windows until a TV- / radiostation or a data channel is tuned. Then the icon of Server4PC will change to green.

If you cannot receive any signal, it might be possible, that your antenna is not aligned correctly. Put the antenna to the place, where it should be in combination with your AirStar and try to receive the channels using a set top box for DVB-T...

An AirStar is alway "out of lock" or in "No Signal" after the startup of Windows until a TV- / radiostation or a data channel is tuned. Then the icon of Server4PC will change to green.

If you cannot receive any signal, it might be possible, that your antenna is not aligned correctly. Put the antenna to the place, where it should be in combination with your AirStar and try to receive the channels using a set top box for DVB-T...

Hi and thanks for your answer.

I'll try with a stb so I can see if there really is signal.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I have a Skystar 2 PCI card from a shop (not from an satellite internet provider) and it is installed properly, but I can't see any TV channels using DVBviewr (found in the included CD-ROM) or any other DVB programs (e.g. progdvb). The icon of Setup4PC program in the tool bar is always red.

I'm sure that the dish is aligned correctly and that the LNB and the cable are O.K. (I can see T.V channels using the digital receivers), and that the card is installed in my PC correctly and the drivers are installed correctly.

I have only one LNB that is connected directly to the Skystar 2 card (i.e. no DiSEqC or splitters)

Pentium 4  (1.6 GHz)

512  Mb RAM

40  GB H.D (free 12 G.:rotfl:

3D VGA card (32 MB)

Skystar 2 PCI card

P/N:  92105-20003

REV:  2.6 C

S/N:  2105442806712

MAC:  OODOD709CF20

Regards,

sesaban

hi

did u sort out this "out of lock" problem

if u did, can u pl help me, i have the same issue

my email id - vishwanathpv@yahoo.com

Hi

Pentium 4  (1.6 GHz)

512  Mb RAM

40  GB H.D (free 12 G.:rotfl:

3D VGA card (32 MB)

Skystar 2 PCI card

P/N:  92105-20003

REV:  2.6 C

S/N:  2105442806712

MAC:  OODOD709CF20

Regards,

sesaban

Hi,

I'm not the original poster, but I had the same problem as did / do quite many here in Finland. Karuselli located the problem and it only happens when computer is not connected to earthed wall socket. You have to install galvanic isolator between your DVB-card and antenna socket. Signal line can be connected directly but ground has to be galvanically separated. You can place 1nF condensator between technisat antenna socket ground and antenna cord ground. You can also buy these galvanic isolators to antenna socket from special shops. They can not be found from every market.

I don't know but I quess this only happens with this new 1.0A version of Technisat cards. I've had no problems at all after I made this galvanic isolator.

Hope this helps.