Timer for ONLY viewing a live emission

itksso

Hallo,

In our school we would like to show in public room with a beamer the World Championship.

The idea is:

a. to use a laptop connected to the Beamer through a VGA cable

b. to connect the laptop to our LAN

c. on the laptop run Iexplorer and connect to the DVBViewer Recording Services web site

http://XXXXX:8089/

d. select manually the channel we want to see and then click "playing"

Our problem with the above idea is that we don't want the users to see the TV emissions outside

certain times.

So, the questions:

Is there are way to program a "timer" not for recording but just only for viewing?

If not, any idea you can solve the problem? Any idea would be appreciated.

Best regards

Jaume

IT KSSO

1 1. Sendung 13.00 Fussball: FIFA WM 2014 - Preview 2 2. Sendung 13.45 Fussball: FIFA WM 2014 - Wiederholung 3 3. Sendung 17.30 Fussball: FIFA WM 2014 - Match #1 4 4. Sendung 20.05 Fussball: FIFA WM 2014 - Match #2

Hello,

i do hope i got your question right.

Yes, there is a Timer Action. Usually its Recording. But there is an opton for Tuning only. See my screenshot. Its in german but should explain it well.

post-82324-0-88845200-1403004504_thumb.png

Edited by mague
  • Like 1

Hello mangue,

Thank you for the information. I have tried it but it is not what we need.

Let me clarify the problem.

Supose that tomorrow we want our users to see two football matches on channel XXX

fm01 from 11.30 to 13.30

fm02 from 17.30 to 19.30

I can power on the laptop everyday remotely through the network at, let's say, 11.00

and shut it down at 20.00. This is no problem.

I can start the IExplorer at the time I want, let's say 11.10.

I can start force IExplorer to use as a "start website2 the website of the DVBViewer Recording Services.

Log on into the DVBViewer recording Service is also not a problem.

The problem is how to automatically start the window below so the users can see the match on channel XXX?

Manually I can have this windows doing, for example:

SENDER EPG -> choose channel --> wiederholungen --> Starte Stream

I hope this will clarify my problem.

Best regards

Jaume

post-140018-0-41092300-1403006585_thumb.png

Even more clarification.

We have a SERVER were the TV capture card is installed and the DVBViewer Recording Services is running and

the LAPTOP were IExplorer will run and will connect to the website of DVBViewer RS.

The laptop will be inside a special secured cabinet.

So the users, the ones that will be watching the Football match will not have access to the latpop.

And, finaly, the reason to automatize all of this is that I don't want to go every day manually to the room where the beamer and Laptop be and

start/close the windows with the live emission manually.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jaume

IT KSSO

Thats difficult...

The stream has a URL if you look close. It should be possible to open Explorer with this URL. It should be the same for this channel all the time.

If the Notebook is in a cabinet, then you could try DVBViewer as client.

• Like 1

We will always connect to the same channel, SRF2 HD in German, for all the TV emissions. I will try to automatize your trick.

it would be soma like this:

1. Power on laptop at 11.00

2. Start IExplorer on the laptop with the URL of SRF2 HD at 11.10

3. Close IExplorer on the laptop at 13.10

4. Start IExplorer on the laptop with the URL of SRF2 HD at 17.10

5. Close IExplorer on the laptop at 19.10

6. Power down laptop at 19.30

Merci for the help

Jaume

Use DVBViewerPro as the client on the laptop. Use Windows Task Scheduler to control it.

e.g.

"C:\Program Files\DVBViewer Pro\DVBViewer.exe" "-cSRF2 HD"

Other commands are listed in the wiki

-m minimise window (to hide from viewer)

-f fullscreen

Almost any program comand can be included using an "-x" Action (see actions.ini file for details)

or just put the system into standby on completion.

• Like 1

Thank you very much QBox User. It worked great. For the people that will try to do it I would likt to remark two points:

1. I'm using Autologin on the laptop

2. that is very important, when you create the windows task with the command 2dvbviewer -f -cCHANNEL" use the option "noly ruun when user is

logged". If you choose to run the task as "independent of whether the user is logged" then you will get only SOUND and no video.

But unfortunately the school management told us that we can only show TV during the midday pause.

This means from 12h00 to 13h10 approx. During this time there is no LIVE futboll emission (they begin at 13h00).

So we are thinking in showing a recording of one of the football matches that take place during the night, ~23h.

Is it possible to run DVBViewer.exe from the command line with the option ro play an specific recording? If not, any solution?

I have chechked actions.ini and I didn't see any action regarding playing old recordings.

Best regards

Jaume

To play a video, just use the "filename" (in quotes) as the command parameter. The file would need to be in a network shared folder if still on the server. You'd need to copy/rename the file for each day.

"C:\Program Files\DVBViewer Pro\DVBViewer.exe" "\\XXXXX\Public Videos\Today.ts"

There are "playlist" options you can call through actions.ini, if you add the recordings to the list.

e.g."C:\Program Files\DVBViewer Pro\DVBViewer.exe" -x68 - PlaylistLoop

or -x70 - PlaylistRandom

Is there a daily highlights programme you could record?

• Like 1

It have made a test with a recnet recording and it works perfectly.

As you recommend I will search for a highlights program to record daily.

So, problem solved.

Thank you very much QBox User.

Jaume

IT KSSO