How can I setup DVBViewer Pro without internet access?

MGadAllah

How can I setup DVBViewer Pro with no internet access?

The machine in the educational lab and no internet access in this lab not even a wireless.

When I install it in the normal machine it asks to access the website to download some components during setup, so how to complete the setup in case there is no internet connection?

How can I setup DVBViewer Pro with no internet access?

The machine in the educational lab and no internet access in this lab not even a wireless.

When I install it in the normal machine it asks to access the website to download some components during setup, so how to complete the setup in case there is no internet connection?

I think its because it want to download the additional files, that you asked for in your previous installation (Sorry, but is in Danish language):

post-26302-0-34910800-1404837681_thumb.jpg

I tried to disconnect from the internet, and ignored this message, and all worked fine

So you could just ignore this, then i think it just uses the "old" configuration (Codec etc.)

Edited by McenterFreak

My problem is the rule of the lab, NO internet (I want to kill the guy in charge for this lol).

You mean at this point of setup I should click on cancel or hit the red X button on the top right of the window? and after that everything will be ok and application will be working fine as it should?

In other words, does DVBViewer Pro working correctly with no internet access? I mean the setup and normal and daily usage of the application? does there is anything required or need to be provided for the application in case there is no internet.

If this is the case, how shall I get a notification for later on update?

Shall I do it manually and upgrade as mentioned in the other thread?

My problem is the rule of the lab, NO internet (I want to kill the guy in charge for this lol).

You mean at this point of setup I should click on cancel or hit the red X button on the top right of the window? and after that everything will be ok and application will be working fine as it should?

Yes

In other words, does DVBViewer Pro working correctly with no internet access? I mean the setup and normal and daily usage of the application? does there is anything required or need to be provided for the application in case there is no internet.

DVBViewer don't need anything from the Internet to Work

If this is the case, how shall I get a notification for later on update?

Shall I do it manually and upgrade as mentioned in the other thread?

Sign up to DVBViewer forum with your home e-mail, then you will be notified of new releases

By the way, is it not it possible to bring out DVBViewer machine, and connect to the Internet, then bring it back to your LAB?

Yes

DVBViewer don't need anything from the Internet to Work

Sign up to DVBViewer forum with your home e-mail, then you will be notified of new releases

By the way, is it not it possible to bring out DVBViewer machine, and connect to the Internet, then bring it back to your LAB?

Thanks for the feed back.

I was urging a lot to do so my friend but the rule is rule and should be respected by everyone as the guy in charge in the lab said.

Where exactly I can signup for future release?

Thanks

Sorry, im stupid. You are of course signed up to this forum. Then you will recieve a mail from Hackbard og Griga when new versions are released

Sorry, im stupid. You are of course signed up to this forum. Then you will recieve a mail from Hackbard og Griga when new versions are released

You are helpful and nice guy but not a stupid at all.

There is no email notification for new versions.

But they are posted in http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/forum/8-news-announcements/

And via the "Follow this forum" link at the Top there, you can enable notifications about new posts.

I don't know if you get them per default via email. If not you can enable it here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

There is no email notification for new versions.

But they are posted in http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/forum/8-news-announcements/

And via the "Follow this forum" link at the Top there, you can enable notifications about new posts.

I don't know if you get them per default via email. If not you can enable it here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

Now I am in

Hello,

the only time you have to have internet access (for instance from an internet-cafe) is the time you are ordering and getting the DVBViewer-files.

You have to order DVBViewer from the DVBViewer homepage and after you have got your registration-key and password you have to download the software from the members-page. There you can get updates and plugins etc. too. These files can be transfered via USB-Stick or CD to another PC. For setup is no internet access necessary. You can unmark the question in the setup-dialog, if DVBViewer should download files or click at the message, that there is no internet access.

I have always installed DVBViewer or updated without internet access, because I have a web-stick that is used only with my netbook.

Many greetings

Webturtle

Edited by Webturtle

Hello, the only time you have to have internet access (for instance from an internet-cafe) is the time you are ordering and get the DVBViewer-files. You have to order DVBViewer from the DVBViewer homepage and after you have got your registration-key and password you have to download the software from the members-page. There you can get updates and plugins etc. too. These files you can transfer via USB-Stick or CD to another PC. For setup is no internet access necessary. You can unmark the question if DVBViewer should download file or click at the message that there is no internet access. I have always installed DVBViewer or updated without internet access, because I have a web-stick that is used only with my netbook. Many greetings Webturtle

Thanks a lot :)