Just Radio (+DAB)

Yes that seem strange. I suppose it is caused by the UTF8 Decoding. Can you record a stream for 10 seconds and upload it? I will have a look into.

Yes that seem strange. I suppose it is caused by the UTF8 Decoding. Can you record a stream for 10 seconds and upload it? I will have a look into.

Yes. it's strange. When I start listening to this station it shows the title of the played record. After a few seconds it turns to "strange characters".

Also I cant record it! This is the error message:

post-5516-0-82817000-1417278506_thumb.jpg

Oh, i will fix that and upload a new version. I assume the utf decoding is fine, but the text behind is garbaged memory. If this one does not work i will sent you a pm with a debug tool. I will upload a new build tomorrow.

I've uploaded a new version which hopefully fixed that issue.

Can you eventually help translating the text? Its not that much luckily:

'Root', 'About Just Radio', 'Hide Just Radio',
'Hide Others', 'Show All', 'Quit Just Radio', 'Favorites', 'Sleep Timer',
'Sleep Timer off', 'Sleep Timer in %s min', 'Map', 'Add To Favorite',
'Delete From Favorite', 'Stations', 'Search', 'Window', 'Artist Cover',
'Find Song in iTunes', 'Fullscreen', 'Spectrum', 'Disabled', 'Waveform',
'FFT', 'Logarithmic', '3D', 'Services', 'Help', 'Minimize Window', 'Zoom',
'Controls', 'Play', 'Pause', 'Record', 'Stop', 'History',
'Found Channels: %d'#13'Current Ensemble: %s', 'Create new Station',
'&Station:', '&Description:*', '&Country:', '&City:', '&URL:',
'&Logo-URL:*', 'Send', 'Cancel', '&Split by Title', 'Played Songs',
'Config Folder', 'Stream not available!'

Thanks! That did the trick. The two above problems are now gone.

I have a few requests, that I'd like to see in JustRadio:

Be able to control the volume with the scroll wheel.

Read-out of the the bit rate for the different stations, specially those on DAB.

Be able to choose starting point of the map. Now it starts in Paris, hence a lot of scrolling before I'm "home".

As requested I tried to translate into Swedish:

‘Root', Rot

'About Just Radio',Om Just Radio

'Hide Just Radio', Dölj Just Radio

'Hide Others', Dölj andra

'Show All', Visa alla

'Quit Just Radio', Stäng Just Radio

'Favorites', Favoriter

'Sleep Timer', Timer

'Sleep Timer off', Timer av

'Sleep Timer in %s min', Timer om %s minuter

'Map', Karta

'Add To Favorite', Lägg till Favoriter

'Delete From Favorite', Radera från Favoriter

'Stations', Stationer

'Search', Sök

'Window', Fönster

'Artist Cover', Artistomslag

'Find Song in iTunes', Hitta låt I iTunes

'Fullscreen', Helskärm

'Spectrum', Spektrum

'Disabled', Avstängd

'Waveform', Vågform

'FFT', FFT

'Logarithmic', Logaritmisk

'3D', 3D

'Services', Tjänster

'Help', Hjälp

'Minimize Window', Minimera Fönster

'Zoom', Zoom

'Controls', Kontroller

'Play', Spela

'Pause', Paus

'Record', Spela in

'Stop', Stopp

'History', Historia

'Found Channels: %d’Hittde kanaler

#13'Current Ensemble: %s', Nuvarande mux

'Create new Station', Skapa ny station

'&Station:', Station

'&Description:*', Beskrivning

'&Country:', Land

'&City:', Stad

'&URL:', URL

'&Logo-URL:*', URL-Logo

'Send', Skicka

'Cancel', Avbryt

'&Split by Title', Dela vid Titel

'Played Songs', Spelade låtar

'Config Folder', Konfigurationsmapp

'Stream not available!' Ej tillgänglig

Personally I always use English language programs, because translations can be a bit confusing. :glare:

I take the translation and made for Spanish-Latino.

PD: Spanish-Latino is not the same as Spanish-Spain.

'Inicio', 'Acerca de Just Radio', 'Oculta Just Radio',

'Oculta otros', 'Mostrar todo', 'Cerrar Just Radio', 'Favoritos', 'Temporizador de apagado',

'Temporizador de apagado desactivado', 'Temporizador de apagado en %s minutos', 'Mapa', 'Agrega A Favorito',

'Borrar de Favoritos', 'Estaciones', 'Búsqueda', 'Ventana', 'Caratula del Artista',

'Encuentra la canción en iTunes', 'Pantalla completa', 'Spectrum', 'Desactivador', 'Waveform',

'FFT', 'Logarithmic', '3D', 'Servicios', 'Ayuda', 'Minimizar ventana', 'Zoom',

'Controles', 'Play', 'Pausa', 'Grabar', 'Parar', 'Historial',

'Canales encontrados: %d'#13'Current Ensemble: %s', 'Crear nueva Estación',

'&Estación:', '&Descripción:*', '&País:', '&Ciudad:', '&URL:',

'&Logo-URL:*', 'Enviar', 'Cancelar', '&Dividir por título', 'Temas recientes',

'Carpeta de configuración', 'Streaming no disponible!'

The phrase: "Current Ensemble".

I have no idea it would be.

Thanks, i added Mousewheel support, build an Equalizer and converted the 2D Project to 3D. Under Windows the performance win is not that much measurable, but under OSX it is now extremely fast.

Ensemble is something like Section or unit, came from french and is used by DAB.

I will upload a new build in the next days. Till then a few tests have to be done. Oh and by the way i will also update the radio station database with a bunch of streams i got from users.

I'm now running version 1.0.5.0. There is still a problem with station names, with "national characters".

I don't know in which standard they broadcast the station names here i Sweden. But it's wrong in JustRadio, sorry.

It is the same station that I mentioned in a previous posting; Skärgårdsradio

The now displayed name is different from the old posting.

Right now I can't attach a picture, "You can upload up to 99bytes of files (Max. single file size: 99bytes) ".... My picture is 62 kb....

There is now some new stations in a DAB+ mux, hence I had to scan before I could tune to some of the old stations.

Is there any means to detect that there new stations in mux?

You can delete old attachments, if they are not necessary any more.

Thanks. I was not aware of that feature.

This is what the station Skärårdsradion looks like now.

I've contacted the operator, Teracom, to find out which character encoding they use.

post-5516-0-61700200-1418333262_thumb.jpg

Radioman, can you try to scan the channels with the latest build and sent me the channel file? It is stored as dabradio.dat under c:\programdata\cmuv\justradio.

Thanks for the interesting new DAB software. I especially like the station logos that are downloaded. That's a nice touch - it gives us something to look at in addition to something to listen to! Some of the stations here in Berlin do not have logos, however. Why is that? Anyway, I have added them myself to my "Favorites" by editing the justradio.ini file. Hopefully that's allowed. ;-) Can I send the logos to the programmer so that they can be added "officially"?

The programm crashes sometimes unfortunately. There seems to be several triggers - one is consistently reproducible. If I am connected to the internet and start justradio, the program starts and then immediately freezes. It does not respond to any mouse clicks. No functions, no minimizing, no closing, nada. Even after waiting 5 minutes the program just does not respond. (I thought maybe the program was waiting for some response from the internet and eventually it would time out.) The only way to continue is to kill the program with the task manager, ie. "Prozess beenden". (I'm using XP Service Pack 3). If I'm not connected to the internet the program works fine. I can even connect to the internet after starting justradio and the program continues to work OK. But if the internet connection is running before starting justradio it crashes.

Could it have something to do with my internet connection also running over USB? I use an UMTS stick to connect to the internet. It works perfectly otherwise and other programs don't have any problems like this. I've tried switching USB ports for my UMTS and for my DAB dongles, but no luck.

BTW: This problem existed in the previous version (1.0.49) as well, if that's important.

Edited by damley

The server contain about 50k Radio-logos and they are bundled with the station names. If the DAB station names mismatch with the names we use for the stations. You wont see the logo. If you send me your channel list i will update our server. You might remove the realtek dlls in the justradio folder.

Christian

Here's my dabradio.dat file. Had to change the name in order to upload it (dat -->txt).

Justradio finds all 40 available stations here in Berlin. :original:

dabradio.txt

I tried removing the dlls from the program folder. With an internet connection running, Windows crashed when I started justradio. Had to press the reset button.

Edited by damley

The rtkdab.dll and rtl283xaccess.dll are required for the dab reception and usually you should have these two files for your stick with your driver. I just put the latest build from Realtek to the installation.

I tried the new build (1.0.51), but there's no change. Still crashes when connected to the internet before starting.

The rtkdab.dll and rtl283xaccess.dll are required for the dab reception and usually you should have these two files for your stick with your driver.

Yes, I also have those two files in my system32 folder. I installed the driver from the Logilink CD that came with the stick (Logilink VG0018). But the versions of those files are very different. Here's some details for comparison:

in system32 folder:

rtkdab.dll - version 1.1.421.2011; size 5.6 MB

rtl283xaccess.dll - version 1.1.612.2009; size 112 kb

in justradiofolder:

rtkdab.dll - version 1.1.520.2012; size 655 kb

rtl283xaccess.dll - version 1.1.612.2009; size 46.5 kb

rtkdab.dll is almost 10x bigger! But it works fine otherwise. I can watch TV with DVBViewer with or without an internet connection and it doesn't crash. This is very puzzling...

Is there something that justradio does with the internet on startup that it does not do later on?

Edited by damley

Thats okay, the rtkdab.dll is newer than your one. I compressed these binaries like all our binaries with ASPack. Keep in mind the main focus of the application is internet radio and the complete channel logos are stored on our server, so requests to the internet are required. Anyway, it should not crash.

The attached importer was used by me to build the logo database. You can select the station and drag&drop a png for the logo. The file is stored with the proper name in the updated folder.

Christian

Thats okay, the rtkdab.dll is newer than your one. I compressed these binaries like all our binaries with ASPack. Keep in mind the main focus of the application is internet radio and the complete channel logos are stored on our server. Anyway, it should not crash if no connection is available.

The attached importer was used by me to build the logo database. You can select the station and drag&drop a png for the logo. The file is stored with the proper name in the updated folder.

Christian

PS: I've updated the database, so your Berlin stations should now have a logo

logoimporter.zip

I've updated the database, so your Berlin stations should now have a logo

Yes, and they look really cool! Thanks. Now all the DAB stations have a logo. :original:

I compressed these binaries like all our...

Ahh, that explains the big difference in size.

Now if we could only figure out why it crashes. It's not the internet connection itself, since it works if the connection is made after starting the program. It's just that my internet connection is normally always on - it starts with Windows. So if I want to listen to the radio I have to: disconnect, start JustRadio, then reconnect. After that, I can download logos and listen to internet streaming radio or whatever. No problems.

Could it have something to do with XP? I'm going to try it on another computer that's running Windows 8.1, but use the same UMTS stick for internet connection and see if it crashes there. It might take a couple days or so and I'll report back.

Edited by damley

Actually the application does not connect to the internet unless if you tune a station. Only then i try to get the logo or in case of a web stream i try to open it.

Does this also happen if your dab/dvb-t stick is not connected?

Christian

Does this also happen if your dab/dvb-t stick is not connected?

If I start JustRadio without the Logilink stick attached all I get is this screen:

post-146830-0-99030900-1418671320_thumb.png

Nothing else happens. This is true whether the internet connection is running or not.

Edited by damley

I wrote this before, but it got lost when I refreshed the page. It's good because now I've read your comment about internet access.

I've examined the program crashing several times now to try and figure out what happens before the crash. After I see the program window it does respond for a very short time. If I'm quick with the mouse I can open a menu, let's say "Help". But after that the program is frozen. If I click on "Über JustRadio" nothing happens. Then about the same time on the connection monitor I notice that there is internet traffic, both sending and receiving. No other programs are using the internet at this time. So the sequence of events is roughly:

1) User interface appears (looks normal)

2) </= 1 second the program responds normally

3) internet traffic - about 25kb received, 4kb sent

4) program becomes totally unresponsive (classic freeze-up)

Actually the application does not connect to the internet unless...

Hmmm. But it does for some strange reason on my machine. What could it be?

damley

Edited by damley

this is what you got right after the start? It looks like a freeze in the main thread. The next version will have a debug log, maybe we find out what went wrong.

this is what you got right after the start?

Yup. That's it.

next version will have a debug log,

Great. Sounds like a good plan. I'd like to get to the bottom of this...

damley

Edited by damley

Translation to Italian, with many thanks to Christian for this lovable piece of sw...

'Inizio', 'Informazioni su Just Radio', 'Nascondi Just Radio', 'Nascondi altre finestre', 'Visualizza tutto', 'Chiudi Just Radio', 'Preferiti', 'Spegnimento', 'Disabilitato', 'Spegni tra %s min', 'Mappa', 'Aggiungi ai Preferiti', 'Cancella dai Preferiti', 'Stazioni', 'Cerca', 'Finestra', 'Immagine Artista', 'Trova Brano in iTunes', 'Schermo intero', 'Spettro', 'Disabilitato', 'Forma d'onda', 'FFT', 'Logaritmica', '3D', 'Servizi, 'Aiuto', 'Minimizza', 'Zoom', 'Controlli', 'Play', 'Pausa', 'Registra', 'Stop', 'Cronologia', 'Canali trovati: %d'#13' Insieme corrente: %s', 'Crea nuova Stazione', '&Stazione', '&Descrizione', '&Paese', '&Città', ''&URL:', '&URL del Logo:*', 'Invia', 'Cancella', '&Dividi per titolo', 'Brani riprodotti', 'Cartella di Configurazione', 'Flusso non disponibile'

Keep up the good work... and the amusement!

:bye:

I was finally able to test out JustRadio on Windows 8.1. I used the same DAB stick (Logilink) and driver version.

If there is no DAB stick attached to the computer the behaviour there is the same: the program crashes. Here is a screenshot of the message Windows 8 spits out:

post-146830-0-16453800-1419168611_thumb.png

But it is unaffected by an Internet connection. The program does not crash with an existing Internet connection like it does under XP.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking through this thread I am surprised nobody has complained about high CPU use. For me it seems to use about 10 times the CPU of DVBViewer, and it should be doing a lot less work! (it pegs one of the CPU cores of my 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

Just Radio version: 1.0.5.3

Tuner: none (it doesn't seem to work with my Realtek / Twinhan 7047, I tried unplugging it and the music kept playing. There seems to be no UI to tell you about the status of your tuner, and whether it's just playing from the internet instead. If as you say "the main focus of the application is internet radio", perhaps you shouldn't describe it as a DAB player. Just saying.)

Now that says hugh2, I have the same detail with the CPU.

The other, a small detail with repeating logo background,
Out descuadrado the main logo.

QEmTFlL.jpg

Experiment with resizing the window. The CPU use seems to depend on the area of the right-hand "now playing" pane. Spy++ shows that it is an embedded Internet Explorer "web page" control.

I assume you never opened the Map function in the menu? It opens a map where you can select the region you want to listen music from. The map is using the internet explorer object under windows, under osx/ios it uses webkit.

The current version uses Direct3D for rendering the display, unluckily the performance under windows from firemonkey is not quite the best. I have with my old windows PC a cpu usage of 4% while listening radio and using fluid as visualizer.

This is equal to rendering Mpeg2 DVB transmissions in the DVBViewer.

cpuusage.jpg

Have you tried it under Windows XP? Maybe IE 8 is less efficient when asked to repaint (presumably) 60 times a second. I've tried 3 old Windows XP machines now, with similar results. (I don't actually have Win7+ to try it on)

Speaking of the visualizer, the WIndow -> Spectrum submenu seems quite buggy, not always adding / removing check marks when you expect it to. And if I select "fluid dynamics" (or most of the options) I get a darker background but no actual animation.

I could create the map in time and remove it afterwards. The Menu issue is a bug Deep Inside Firemonkey. I did not started searching for, since the Mac Build works.

I can confirm, latest JR ver. under XP, all behaviours hugh2 remarked, adding that I see 50-60% CPU charge since JR start - without big variation whatever radio/visualizer I chose - reduced to 2-5% when JR are iconized, and that equalizator's cursor are inverted up and down (ie their effect is the opposite of what they should do)...

Happy New Year to all!

:bye: